Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from my wife that a "massive truck full of elk hunting #%it" just pulled up to my house with a "big ***** trailer with three 4-wheelers on it".

Embarrassing to say, but, Za206 and Co. have arrived.

Sigh...quads. :pukey:

·
I like shiny stuff.
4,546 Posts
Awesome..go get it done.

·
aka former "treeslayer"
7,533 Posts
one last warning for Pat----------------------don't eat the food unless someone besides John is cooking!!!

·
Embrace the suck!
7,781 Posts
You jackwagons better kill something.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,335 Posts
Just got a call from my wife that a "massive truck full of elk hunting #%it" just pulled up to my house with a "big ***** trailer with three 4-wheelers on it".
Better your house, than mine.:thumbs_up

·
A Man for All Seasons
2,703 Posts

Embarrassing to say, but, Za206 and Co. have arrived.

Sigh...quads. :pukey:
x3... lol
but wait....you hunt with a georgianer and not a Texan?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
So what's up? Y'all got one down yet?

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, there are no elk down yet. We covered 7.4 miles yesterday and worked two different groups of elk, both of which had bulls, with no success. Za206 put a stalk on one group, as did Chris, and I went to look for muleys. We saw plenty of elk, they were just in positions that we could not get onto without spooking.

Of course, on the way out Za206 rolled his ankle, fell hard, and snapped his G5 sight right off his bow. Thank god for JBWeld. Then, an hour later on the drive home, we got pulled over by the Sheriff because Chris had a headlight out. So, we are holding at base this morning repairing the gear and forming up a game plan.

That said, we got a good tip from the Sheriff we are going to check out this afternoon.

So what's up? Y'all got one down yet?

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
My ankle is fine, not a problem. The JB weld seems to have worked.... for now. Just resighted from 20 & 30 yards, looks good. Need to get some new parts from G5 when I get back though.

We are heading out in a little bit for an afternoon hunt. Hopefully no more setbacks.

-ZA

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Holy Crap! Good luck!

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
My ankle is fine, not a problem. The JB weld seems to have worked.... for now. Just resighted from 20 & 30 yards, looks good. Need to get some new parts from G5 when I get back though.

We are heading out in a little bit for an afternoon hunt. Hopefully no more setbacks.

-ZA
Just let me sell you a Black Gold sight and you wont have to worry about that....
Good luck guys, Rodney's already shot something, you need to DO WORK!!!

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,335 Posts
Then, an hour later on the drive home, we got pulled over by the Sheriff because Chris had a headlight out.
You let an out-of-stater with out-of-state plates drive to your hunting spots? I'm surprised the sheriff didn't lock you all up until Sept 26.

·
Fat Jesus
29,130 Posts
You let an out-of-stater with out-of-state plates drive to your hunting spots? I'm surprised the sheriff didn't lock you all up until Sept 26.
He had to, you know you can't haul 4-wheelers in a hybrid. The maximum payload on one of them is 2 yuppies a man purse and 2 cups of Starbucks coffee.

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,335 Posts

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
My sight died on the way to our afternoon hunt. Campo let my flip one of his Montana sights and I'm using it and its sighted in out to 50. Gtg now. The hunting has been terrible. We have been hiking into new drainages every day and no elk to be seen, heard and the sign, if there even is any, is weeks old.

Not good.

We need to head to a different unit or something, bc this unit it crawling with hunters and we can't find any recent elk sign.

-ZA

·
Registered
6,583 Posts

-ZA

great tip, i never even thought of JBWELD for a bad ankle! thanks guys!

·
Registered
279 Posts
think that bad?..you still got time though

Breaking yer sight is bad news!...almost as bad news as destringing yer bow an hour from prime time last day of season with ones break handle of said quad. How bone headed would that be??? ..argh!! :rolleyes::pukey:

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The hunting has been terrible. We have been hiking into new drainages every day and no elk to be seen, heard and the sign, if there even is any, is weeks old.

Not good.

We need to head to a different unit or something, bc this unit it crawling with hunters and we can't find any recent elk sign.

-ZA
Damn Pat, I'm sorry to hear that.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts