Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shoot rage three blades yes, are they my favorite head out there no. I also shoot slick trick mags and love them. But for real guys, if you are going to shoot rages so you can make sub par shots and then turn around and bash it EFFING STOP. Yes we all know that something mechanical can and will fail from time to time, thats life and the more moving parts the more there is a possability of something not working. They may not penitrait as far as other heads but if you make good ethical shots at calm game they are extreamly deadly and do allow for saving someones bacon if they have pulled one a little. The video of the guy shooting the goat makes us all look stupid. If you take a long shot at that angle you should re think your weapon. Sorry for the rant but holy smokes it struck a nerve with me that everyone was saying it was the broadheads fault. Take that same shot at a animal broadside or quartering away slightly and you have just saved yourself some imbarisment. Again sorry for the rant, I hope everyone is having a good start to the season. good luck and keep the pictures coming.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I'm so tired of rage broadhead threads. Good for you, you like them, does'nt mean everbody does!

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
I think most people dislike what rage stands for

Untuned bows
the advertisement of make a big hole dont worry about placement
perfect arrow flight

I dont use them due to their pathetic penetration and high price. If I did use them I would be GTG as I would make the blades sharp and would be certain I didnt take stupid shots were bones were involved. I think rage are freat for whitetails IMO they not ideal for Much larger game.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Same here, but I do use the rage 2 blade 100 grain. They are the most advertised broadhead there is. Why is that I wonder? Maybe because they r the most popular? Yes that's exactly why!!! All u rage bashers get over it, to much stupid coming out of you're mouths;) don't get ur panties in a bunch. Relax!!! I'm just sayin

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
So, your answer to the Rage bashing was to start another Rage thread??? :violin::frusty:

Interesting.

·
Registered
7,538 Posts
I couldn't care less what you shoot. Or anyone else for that matter. The heads I use, they don't even make any more. But why care what someone says about them. It's not like they're insulting your mom or something. It's just like a guy saying he hates chevy's. Who cares, buy what YOU want. Don't open the rage threads. Then they won't piss ya off. To the OP- Thanks for your service to our country.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
RAGE SUCKS!!!!! Lol im just kidding i shoot'em although i did have a big 8 get away from.me last year with them one heck.of a blood trail then.it just quit i thought about callin em because it says get your game or your money back* has anybody called em.on this?

·
Registered
267 Posts
You say they're not your favorite head but you shoot them. Don't get it.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
They have worked fine for me...Shoot them into the kill zone and magically the animal dies just as it should...

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The post wasn't really about the rage or any other head. I am just pointing out how some people want to blame equipment for there bad choices. I am happy to talk equipment all day with anyone and will not try and change anyones opinion on what they want to shoot. I think it gives us all a black eye as bow hunters to see people taking bad shots and then blaming a product because they were stupid. No crying to bashing here just pointing out that people are usually to blame for there equipments failures.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I love RAGE 3 blades even if they are disposable. I have Never used a broadhead twice anyways or never will. After my broadheads make a kill they go to the "JAR". there prolly 15 different kinds of broadheads in there from muzzy which I hate, thunderheads my personal fav until I started using 3blade rage, a couple of slick tricks, they make them 15 miles from here I had to stimulate the local economy. The Rage impressed me, I keep 2 dozen Carbon Express Maxima's tipped with em. After they get shot they go to the bin.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I don't shoot 'em and don't plan to change from my razorheads, so I just don't open the threads--it's your choice.

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Any Manufacturer, no matter how good the product will have it's detractors when they make outRAGEous claims like "It's like throwing an axe through an animal" or "Catch us if you can". :wink:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts