Archery Talk Forum banner

I am throwing out a challenge out their to all you archers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1651 Views 30 Replies 29 Participants Last post by  boogy
Ok, heres the deal,

just for kicks, lets all put those releases down for a day, and disregard the sight on the bow, and try to shoot our bows the old fashioned way.....shoot a group or two than POST PICS...IM going to start off at 10 yards tommorrow:tongue: to make sure i can do it, without losing any arrows...

maybe we can get this going here, you dont need to take that sight off, just put it out of your mind, and remember, aim small, hit big:wink:

POST A PIC OF YOUR GROUPING SO WE CAN HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH IT....ILL TELL YA MY GROUPING AINT GONNA BE PRETTY:rolleyes:
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
14,726 Posts
its hunting season and I dont have time to show you how the hood got his name busting arrows bare bow style

I always like to shoot my new bows bare bow before setting them up so I get the feel and make sure my set up feels the same way:wink:

hood

· Registered
5,479 Posts
Well I would do this but I don't feel like losing the skin on my fingers when the bow fires!!

And I don't have a target face to fit on the side of my barn.

· Registered
678 Posts
i did it once and i hit like 4 foot to the right at 25 yards, but my group is decent, well i guess i used my peep and sight so i guess i don't count. but it really doesn't hurt as bad as i thought it would.

· Registered
5,563 Posts
I shot fingers for years... still shoot the way you describe for fun and around the club course now and again and used to shoot like it in competitions ... so nothing new to me.

May have a spell shooting it full time again over the winter:darkbeer:

· Registered
3,088 Posts
Is it even possible to shoot some of these SHORT ATA bows with fingers? I know my setup I could not do it...

· Registered
24,470 Posts
things that make you go hum

· Registered
9,202 Posts
I shot compound with fingers for two years and I occasionally shoot a recurve, so it wouldn't be fair... I too will just watch :)

PS
For shooting fingers you need a stiffer arrow :D

· Dad, Husband, Hunter
2,999 Posts
bow

I like traditional archery but not from my Elite's during hunting season. Best of luck with that.

· Premium Member
10,362 Posts
I actually have tried to do this and well...............lets just say I'm not very good at it :embara:

I'll watch this time :pepsi:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.