Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any body heard a rumor that IBO may be considering a new stake for trad shooters. It would be between the white and yellow stakes with a possible yardage of out to 30 yards.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The orange stake for has been moved to 30yrds for RU, Trad, and LB and string/face walking is now allowed in RU class. The rule changes have been posted on the IBO website.

·
Registered
394 Posts
25 yards, 30 yards, string walking, no string walking? I do wish IBO would make up there mind and let the rules stay stable for a good while. I don't care what distances we have shoot or how they allow us to shoot, but trying to keep up on the rule changes from year to year is becoming a chore.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Chris Wilson said:
25 yards, 30 yards, string walking, no string walking? I do wish IBO would make up there mind and let the rules stay stable for a good while. I don't care what distances we have shoot or how they allow us to shoot, but trying to keep up on the rule changes from year to year is becoming a chore.
I totally agree. It's the main reason I stopped shooting the IBO shoots. The constant bickering you see about "this is trad" and "that's not trad", etc. spills over into decisions the IBO makes and divides the ranks and just creates even more classes. I think they need to step back a little bit and revert to just 2 classes...recurve and longbow at 25 yards. I could care less if a guy string walks, face walks, or shoots "Jedi". If you can shoot a longbow accurately with your fingers I really don't care how you hold the string or if the arrows are wood or aluminum or carbon for that matter. It's a shame really that they make it as complex as they have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts