Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually shoot with the same guys in friendly competitions, looser buys drinks however the last time someone brought a friend we didn't know. I shot after him, it resulted in me breaking his arrow. I apologized however he took a big attitude as if I owed him an arrow, am I missing something, I've never broken someone else's arrow.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I usually shoot with the same guys in friendly competitions, looser buys drinks however the last time someone brought a friend we didn't know. I shot after him, it resulted in me breaking his arrow. I apologized however he took a big attitude as if I owed him an arrow, am I missing something, I've never broken someone else's arrow.
You don't owe him anything... An apology is a nice gesture but when you shoot 3D, it is one of the many risks you either need to accept or don't participate.

Only a problem if you do it all the time
I tell folks all the time "If you don't want me aiming at your arrow, don't put it in the 11/12/14 ring" or "don't use flo pink/green/yellow vanes"...

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
If you had grabbed his arrow and broken it over your knee than yes... you would owe him an arrow. Just because you were shooting at the same target and by chance your arrow struck his and broke it, it's all part of the game. You owe him nothing!!!

This has happened to me and the guy who shot a robin hood into my arrow was very apologetic, all I did is congratulated him for his great shot and offered if he wanted to keep it as a memento...

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I was at a shoot with my buddy and one of the targets was this soccer ball looking thing hanging from a tree.... He shot first and just caught the left edge of the 11 ring...

Him - Please don't hit my arrow... I only have 3 with me and we still have 25 targets to go...

Me - Meh... [looking through binos] Looks like you left me plenty of room on the right... I'll just put it over there...

Plant Tree Terrestrial plant Recreation Baseball cap

1 - 20 of 105 Posts