Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Carnivore Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass Tail

On a local 3d shoot I joined a group if strangers. I was shooting last and robin hooded one of the guys brand new arrows he had custom made for the event.
An on the spot apology and I tried to give him a 20 spot for his troubles . Dude was very understanding and just shrugged it off - he did not want my money but appreciated the apology. After that round I was the first shooter. It happens, thats just the name of the game.
In all honesty- we have wasted more money on dumber stuff to be butt hurt over a broken arrow.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Many may say "you broke it - you fix it"....

·
Registered
21,684 Posts
If said any thing would have told him to keep it out of the spot & that it wouldn't have happened!

Reactions: V3x and 356Brutus

·
Registered
325 Posts
In our club fun shoots if you damage an arrow, it wiil be announced loud and farand then you are fair game.Everybody else will home in on you arrow even if it means they not hitting the bull because you arrow is somewhere else on the target. So most people then will end up with more than one broken arrow, This just lighten up the tension with fun and people are trying to shoot better by aiming deliberate for you arrow, After one event at a different range two arrows was damaged. Both shooters took the damaged arrows and shoot it high in a tree trunk about 100 m away. Those arrows are still in the tree today as only a few people know about it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
My son and I always alternate who shoots first. If he shoots first and hits the 10 ring, I always tell him "I'm gonna shoot your arrow" and vise-versa. Although we haven't trashed each others arrows yet, it does give a good high-vis spot to aim at. Even if we did hit the others arrow, we wouldn't get pizzy about it, It's an arrow.....Find another shooting partner and oust the cry-baby.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was at a shoot with my buddy and one of the targets was this soccer ball looking thing hanging from a tree.... He shot first and just caught the left edge of the 11 ring...

Him - Please don't hit my arrow... I only have 3 with me and we still have 25 targets to go...

Me - Meh... [looking through binos] Looks like you left me plenty of room on the right... I'll just put it over there...

View attachment 7623714
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
27,958 Posts
Part of the game.
Now if your just playing in the back yard and he put a shot on a dot in a bag target and you nailed an arrow with 12 open dots…then yeah that wasn't cool.
I agree.....^^^^ There is a sense of folks trying for the center of the target and others who are simply aiming for someone else's arrow. I know a couple guys who get a great deal of glee over trashing the arrow of another shooter and that person grows tiresome very quickly.

Many years ago I went with a friend to one of his work buddy's homes to shoot and talk hunting. His first shot was in the middle of the target and I was shooting my Black Widow hunting bow. My first shot piped his arrow and he stood there looking at me with a mix of disbelief and anger.....as if I rode over to destroy his arrow shooting barebow instinctive. I was a pretty decent shot, but it was clearly unintentional....so I apologized and offered to get him another arrow....which he immediately jumped on. His house...his arrow....his rules. But I promptly stopped shooting and sent a new arrow via our mutual friend....not by returning in person. Who needs that kind of junk in their life???

·
Registered
59 Posts
My son and I always alternate who shoots first. If he shoots first and hits the 10 ring, I always tell him "I'm gonna shoot your arrow" and vise-versa. Although we haven't trashed each others arrows yet, it does give a good high-vis spot to aim at. Even if we did hit the others arrow, we wouldn't get pizzy about it, It's an arrow.....Find another shooting partner and oust the cry-baby.
My sons and I have the same arrangement. If one of us wrecks anothers' arrow it's usually good for a laugh and just part of the deal.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I have never been upset with a person that wrecked one of my arrows. It simply happens sometimes if shooting at the same spot on the same target.
I just tell them "great shot!". You know they have to be a great shot since they hit where I hit...:D :rolleyes:

·
Uncredible
2,218 Posts
Sounds like the kind of guy that will literally kick the dead deer he just shot because the deer bent his arrow. The ignore feature works in real life too OP not just on AT !

·
Registered
Mathews Atlas, Easton carbon arrows, Iron Will broad heads
8,254 Posts
Tell him you won’t do it on purpose again.
Broken arrows or lost arrows or damaged fletch are a part of archery/bowhunting practice. I’d not pay for an arrow or expect to be paid for one if the situation was reversed.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts