Archery Talk Forum banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

Registered
Mathews Traverse
My son Robin hooded my arrow. I gave him a high five!
Damage arrows come with the territory when shooting 3d with multiple people. Dude needs to get over it. View attachment 7623981
DUDE!!!!.....you literally have pully hoisted a kitty into the trees.....I've never seen that before...... FRICKIN BRILLIANT 馃憦 馃憣
my wife is gonna hate me now......馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

NOOBY
should be a non issue. My son always used to get upset when he would lose or break an arrow. He understands the costs and such and its nice he understands. I never get upset anyways. BUT I used the point when we go to the gun range and shoot for an afternoon we shoot probably $100-150 worth of ammo easy. That is not getting reshot, its gone, so an arrow now and then is just part of the fun and games. I know it still bugs him to lose a $15 arrow but its gonna happen to us all.

Socket Man
I am in a group of buddies and we will have either 4 or 5 people in our group shooting 3d, so if you are the first up and stick a arrow in the 12 ring you know that there are 4 other guys aiming at the rear of your arrow and it is going to get hammered!!!!! So don't even think about shooting in my group and thinking your precious arrow is safe because you are one 12 ring from being targeted.

This is why we run bushings or pins, bushings protect from everything except for direct robin hoods and pins protect everything.

Registered
Bowtech Revolt X, Bowtech Carbon Icon
DUDE!!!!.....you literally have pully hoisted a kitty into the trees.....I've never seen that before...... FRICKIN BRILLIANT 馃憦 馃憣
my wife is gonna hate me now......馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ
2 kitties actually. My Local club goes all out on unique 3d target settings.
Unfortunately they shut down this year after 30 years of service. Really huge bummer.
Vertebrate Tree Mammal Primate Twig

Registered
gearhead T-24, but have shot and owned almost every bow company including several that are no more
If you had grabbed his arrow and broken it over your knee than yes... you would owe him an arrow. Just because you were shooting at the same target and by chance your arrow struck his and broke it, it's all part of the game. You owe him nothing!!!

This has happened to me and the guy who shot a robin hood into my arrow was very apologetic, all I did is congratulated him for his great shot and offered if he wanted to keep it as a memento...
Hahahaha broke it over your knee I love it! And the gesture to give him the arrow is great, I like it

Registered
I usually shoot with the same guys in friendly competitions, looser buys drinks however the last time someone brought a friend we didn't know. I shot after him, it resulted in me breaking his arrow. I apologized however he took a big attitude as if I owed him an arrow, am I missing something, I've never broken someone else's arrow.
Guy is just being an entitled baby. Ignore him and move on. If the friend invites the baby again then just find a new friend.

Gold Supporting Archer
It's occupational hazzard whenever you have multiple arrows shooting @ the same spot.

Friends are important,so it's imperative you make sure he understands that you were not trying to hit his arrow as you were trying to pinwheel the bullseye on the target while making sure he understands anytime you engage in this type of shooting, this is a liability that no one can control and comes with the territory. He could have accidently crashed your arrow as much as you crushing his.

Understnading before you do all this to coddle the person because you value friendships which are more important than a single arrow. Apologize but explain,this is what might happen,and no one can be held responsible for crashing someone elses arrow.

Registered
Rubbing is racing鈥.

many years ago, I used to shoot the local 3D circuit andI linked up with a group and shot the whole summer with them, they made me better and also smoked some of my arrows, and vice versa. I switched to dark fletching and black nocks. Solved some of the problem. He鈥檒l get over it.

Premium Member
HOYT, Easton, Shrewd, Dead Center, Doinker, AAE, Shibuya, Beiter & Leupold ProGuide HD 10X42.
If a new or guest archer ever disrupted my shooting group of close friends....I would lay down the law after finishing....He either straightens up or he's gone regardless how good a friend he is to someone in our close & sensible shooting group! .....There always seems to be someone.
....Now I just take a breath and calm down.

Registered
Robin hoods happen all the time - every body's knows that because we are all aiming at the same 12 ring !
Among my shooting buddy's when it happens there is some pretend bitching about the cost of arrows and ball breaking humor - it is never a issue. We would not have a guy in our group who seriously thinks he is owed a arrow.

41 - 60 of 105 Posts