Archery Talk Forum banner

I Busted tonight watching my phone!

2231 Views 59 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  Cucuy
How many have ever had this happen?
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

· Registered
Bowtech SR350, Bowtech Revolt X, Mathews V3 31, Elite Echelon 37
859 Posts
During slow times in the stand I'm guilty of checking my phone. Missed a shot opportunity at a coyote once because of it.. heard him coming through the leaves, but didn't look up from the phone quick enough, passed it off as another stinking squirrel (they were in every direction that night).. the coyote trotted by at about 30yds, a shot I definitely would've taken... it happens!🤦‍♂️

· BIG FRANK....
9,072 Posts
Never i leave my phone ,in the truck or home.

Reactions: horsehands

· Si vis pacem, para bellum
2,098 Posts
Never, but I don't own a cellphone.

I knew what you meant but my mind is usually partly in the gutter and your choice of wording leaves much to the imaginative thinkers' mind.
PM me the link to whatever you were watching ;)

· Registered
8,466 Posts
I find myself checking the phone a bit more than I probably should. It cost me an opportunity or two over the years, but considering my stand time it’s very minimal. I enjoy a text here and there with a buddy or two that are hunting different areas to see how they are doing. I don’t play games ever, and look at the net very infrequently. Back in the 70’s and early 80’s before cell phones ( yes there was a time not so long ago we didn’t all have phones in our pockets) a lot of us took a paperback to read in slow times.

· Banned
Mathew's V3X 33 60#//DH Cavilier 25#//SW Spider XL 45#
1,100 Posts
I find myself checking the phone a bit more than I probably should. It cost me an opportunity or two over the years, but considering my stand time it’s very minimal. I enjoy a text here and there with a buddy or two that are hunting different areas to see how they are doing. I don’t play games ever, and look at the net very infrequently. Back in the 70’s and early 80’s before cell phones ( yes there was a time not so long ago we didn’t all have phones in our pockets) a lot of us took a paperback to read in slow times.
My wife when she comes with me brings a book cause she's very aware that even a good hunting day I'll probably have about 5 min window of opportunity over a 3 hour period. Also depends if you're the calling type or pathing type I guess too. I own my property luckily and have a decent idea when the normal pathers will come by but have also successfully called in a buck before. That part is exciting but when just sitting there for two hours fully knowing they will path 2 hours from now but wanted to get in early, I'll admit to reading or snapping some pics. I try to take pictures instead of scrolling through cause at least I'm 'alert'.

· Registered
3,013 Posts
Years ago when my FIL died, my BIL said, "Who wants Dad''s tracfone?" I was the first to speak up. I said that I didn't want it. Well, everyone else had cell phones, so out of default it was given to me. Twiced since then I've hed to upgrade because the current technology wouldn't support it. I caught hell so many times from my wife for not having it with me that I had to adapt. Then I caught hell just as much for not having it turned on. If I leave the house and she sees it on the counter, you'd think I committed a mortal sin

I do try to take it with me now for all outings, hunting or not, but if I'm hunting it is never on. And that's all I'm going to say about that. (quote Forrest Gump)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts