Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started off this morning by getting all of my hunting clothes and stuff out of the shed, i washed everything and hung them on the back porch to dry and airout. i left to go get some things at wally world and when i came back all my stuff was gone. called the police and he said that it would be hard to do anything about it unless they caught some one with the stuff right away. losing the stuff doesnt bother me as much as knowing someone would lower themselves that much to steal abunch of hunting clothes, what has the world come to.it takes a real low life for someone to steal something that took someone alot of time and money to collect over the years, sorry just had to do some venting thanks for the time.
good luck to everyone this year

·
Registered
82 Posts
Damn That Must Be Some Good Camo To Not Be Able To Find It... Haha
That Sucks Man Im Sorry I Feel You I Hate When People Steel I Live In One Of Those Neighborhoods So I Know How It Is They Were Syphoning Gas So I Stuck A Full Gas Can Of Water On The Front Porch It Was Gone The Next Day Hahaha

·
Registered
874 Posts
sorry

I know how getting stuff stolen feels. :mad: :mad:

Well, I guess this gives you an excuse to upgrade:rolleyes:

what part of MO are you from?

·
Registered
177 Posts
So, who is your closest hunting buddy? He might have some idea of where your stuff is. Next time when you hang up your stuff leave about a dozen pairs of underwear hanging around (this is especially effective if they have skid marks):becky:.. If it is not a prank, I hope any poison ivy you may have walked through affects this thieves' midsection!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
That Sucks! I have had a 3D deer target taken out of my yard, and someone had the nerve to take my tree lounge out of my suv, while I was having a party at my house. They even went through everyones vehicle that was unlocked. I live in the country, and that type of thing is rare where I live. The theif messed up though. He also took a muzzle loader bag that I hand stitched. It is one of a kind, so if I ever see it again, some one will be on the receiving end of a good ole azz whoopin. Tony

·
Registered
395 Posts
DANNYCROSS352 said:
..So I Stuck A Full Gas Can Of Water On The Front Porch It Was Gone The Next Day Hahaha
That is funny, they deserve at least that!. Haha

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
DANNYCROSS352 said:
Damn That Must Be Some Good Camo To Not Be Able To Find It... Haha
That Sucks Man Im Sorry I Feel You I Hate When People Steel I Live In One Of Those Neighborhoods So I Know How It Is They Were Syphoning Gas So I Stuck A Full Gas Can Of Water On The Front Porch It Was Gone The Next Day Hahaha
That right there is just darn funny!:eek:

·
Registered
826 Posts
I had a similar experience some years ago when a girl from a nearby developement took my clothes I put the word out to other kids in the developement I will pay 20 dollars for any information and 1 day later someone came forth and told me who took my clothes. I went to the house and talked to the mother and all I got was no she did not I know she would not do that and told me to get off her property I told her all I wanted was my clothes back and I was going to forget about the whole incident but she said the same thing so I told her if I have to I will get the police involved and she said the same thing again well about 45 min. later me and the police were knocking on her door and when she opened the door you should have seen the look on her face and also I got my clothes back,the last thing I heard was the police saying I need to come in and have a long talk with you and your daughter. it sucked that I had to go through all this but the ending was great.

***EDITED: No text ma$k!ng. Byron (moderator)***

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea school is out today, im pretty sure it was one of the neiborhood hoodlems, but it still sucks that two weeks before season starts i got to go out and buy new stuff. i guess that was a lesson learned, this is the first season sense we moved to town, guess i need to move back out to the country were a man can walk out into his yard and do his buisness and not worry about it:tongue:

·
Colorblind blood trailer
2,566 Posts
Wait a minute, did you say "since WE moved to town"? Does your wife like your hunting addiction?? :wink:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry,
Getting something stolen sux! Last year we had a block target in our backyard, it would be very hard to see when driving by 35 MPH down a road. I went out to shoot it, it was gone. It would toke a dirty SOB to do it! Hope you find it ASAP!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I shake my head in amazement at what some people will steal!

Taking a man's hunting cloths off a drying line outdoors has to be a new low for humanity!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
KSNimrod said:
Wait a minute, did you say "since WE moved to town"? Does your wife like your hunting addiction?? :wink:
yes to my surprise i have never had a problem with my wife about me going hunting, she knows that when sept. comes she doesnt see much of me until jan. we had an understanding when we first got married, if she got in the way of me hunting i would leave, and that is the truth no lie. she agreed, weve been happily married for 11 years. :wink:

·
Registered
214 Posts
My wife still works, I'm retired.

On the weekends we share a Double Bull Matrix 360 Recurve blind........she shoots a Hoyt Rintec!

During the weekdays I hunt 25 feet straight up!

This arrangement works well too!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Got a game camera? Set it up in a hidden spot and hang out some more of your camo. Make it plain to see that you are leaving. Have someone keeping lookout from a distance and wait.

When the little thief comes to help himself again, the camera will tell the tale and then you can have his butt arrested for trespassing and theft!

Sorry you're having to deal with this type of crap! :mad:

Greg

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Hang more stuff out for bait while patiently sitting on the roof with the trusty 12 ga. :wink:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts