Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear alot about spott hogg but
1. I'm left handed and it seems most of them only come in RH.
and
2. I'm trying to keep it under $100.

I like the micro adjust feature and want a quality sight.
So here are some of the sights I've looked at in some catologs. Not all have the micro adjust but I just wanted to get some reviews from people who have used them and whether or not they are quality products. So here they are.

Cobra Eclipse or Mini Eclipse
Toxonics Infinity (It has 2 fixed pins and an adjustable third pin)
Copper John Dead Nuts

I really can't go out and try them so any input from you guys would be great. If you have some other sights that work great for you then let me know about them also.

Mainly for hunting and occasional 3D when I can find the time.
I need to order one soon.

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I have the 3 pin copper john dead nuts and really like the bright pins, I am going to get the optional light which will make it perfect for early morning and late evening hunting, so far it has worked out good for me, thats the one I would recommend anyhow.

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
camogr

The Spott Hoggs are the BEST pin sights I have ever seen or used hands down. I have seen way to many people have problems with Copper Johns. You can get a Bare Bones (by Spott Hogg) for $60 and the Right On is $100. If you get a Spott Hogg you will be happy that you did. Remember you get what you pay for in the case of Spott Hogg. It is a shame that the same can't be said for the other sights, they really aren't worth the money.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Can't beat the Copperjohn for the money.
The thing I didn't like about the Cobra was that you still have to unlock the micro adj.w/a wrench before adjusting.
What purpose does that serve?

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Yep - I gotta second that. The Extreme Sniper is a top notch site. Check the classifieds and you might be able to pic one up at a good price there too.

·
Premium Member
10,922 Posts
I too was looking at new sites just a while back. Assuming we're talking about mostly hunting and occasional 3D. Getting older and needed a brighter pin to focus on. I set a pretty rigid criteria. I don't like lighted sights. Batteries wear out and most are just TOO bright when it's getting dark enough to need a bit more light. I liked the Impact line, but not the whole ring assembly is plastic (durability). I really liked the Spot Hogg but the pins just didn't seem bright enough for me. The sight had to have micro adjust so that eliminated a lot like the Copper John and Impact. I was looking for mulitple pins until I shot with one pin set for 25 yards (for hunting). Boy, did that ever clean up the sight picture. Well, after all was said and done I came acros this thing called HHA Optimizer Lite 5000. Single pin, adjustable (was not crucial), all machined aluminum, except the steel fiber support. Lifetime guarantee. Like the Spot Hogg it's built like a tank and the round guard protects the pin better than most. I don't mind loosening the thing with an allen wrench to move it for windage. I won't be doing so when hunting and if it's practice or 3D then I always carry tools anyway. And the pin is very bright. Something I can see in the lowest light. NOW, if I can only figure out which of those blurry critters to use when I'm sighting (I still see 3 pins) Eyes ain't for sh&#.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I got my toxonic off ebay for $18 which included shipping - has three fiber optic "pins" and works great - easy to adjust and the lights are very bright. Search on "toxonics" and look for one that starts at $11 - that's the one I bought.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've noticed that alot of sights are offered in RH. Can you pull Jimi Hendrix and flip the sight over and use it for LH bows. I'm liking the idea of the Toxonic Infinity. Does Toxonics make quality, durable sights? I'm sure they do, I was just looking for more info.

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts