Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to this site because i was looking up the laws on whether or not i can use my bow at my own disgression, givin the city laws. which i do not know.
im 18 and ive been into arghery for atleast seven years but jus recently picked it back up again about a month ago. unfortunatly i haven been able to fire it due to my vast unknowlege of the rules around here.

i live in glendale right by a smaller mountain and i climbed one day to find an abandoned parking lot. i need to know what the law/rules say about primitave archery bows. i own a samick sage 50# recurve

Thnx

- DG

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Call your local police department and ask. They'll appreciate the fact that you were forthright enough to ask, rather than just assume it's ok.

·
Archery Blogger/Writer
9,332 Posts
+1 on contacting your local police department.

If you're talking about Glendale, Arizona - you are not able to shoot a bow period, even in your front or back yard.

-Steve

·
Registered
49,793 Posts
Your discretion means nothing---if the law says no you cannot shoot a "weapon"(yes your bow is a weapon) within a certain limit(city, township what ever) then you cannot bend or interpret the law to your benefit. Your local police department can answer your question we cannot as each place has it owns laws. What I would actually do is inquire at your local shop if they have a range or if there is a local club that you can shoot at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts