Archery Talk Forum banner
141 - 153 of 153 Posts
Just shot my first Xpedition Xcentric. Not quite what I was expecting. Grip felt a little big and blocky to me, draw wasn't bad but felt like there was very little valley. It tried taking off on me twice. Maybe just the way it was set up? Vibe after the shot wasn't too bad and blazing fast. I could get used to one I think. I shot it side by side with the Obession Evo and THAT is the bow for me! Absolutely loved it! Glad I got to try the Xpedition though, seemed like a well built machine just not my personal preference.

This rust issue is across the board; I dont think I have ever owned a bow that did not go out in the woods and not get a lil rust on it...
A good cleaning and lube takes care of it though.

Just shot my first Xpedition Xcentric. Not quite what I was expecting. Grip felt a little big and blocky to me, draw wasn't bad but felt like there was very little valley. It tried taking off on me twice. Maybe just the way it was set up? Vibe after the shot wasn't too bad and blazing fast. I could get used to one I think. I shot it side by side with the Obession Evo and THAT is the bow for me! Absolutely loved it! Glad I got to try the Xpedition though, seemed like a well built machine just not my personal preference.
Valley is adjustable with limb stops. Most likely the one you tried was set on the aggressive side. Some like it that way (back tension shooters for one - keeps you honest). Move those stops a tad and it's a world of difference.

It's the way it was setup. If you set it according to the manual there's almost zero valley. It's totally adjustable. I have mine set with a generous valley. Feels like the valley you would find on an Elite.

Congrats on the Obsession Evo. I had one before I got the Xcentric.....they are great bows.

It's the way it was setup. If you set it according to the manual there's almost zero valley. It's totally adjustable. I have mine set with a generous valley. Feels like the valley you would find on an Elite.

Congrats on the Obsession Evo. I had one before I got the Xcentric.....they are great bows.
I kinda figured it was the way it was set up. There was almost no valley at all! I didn't buy the Evo yet but as soon as my Hoyt sells I'll have one! I'd say I could get the Xcentric the way I want it but I liked the grip on the Evo a lot better. Again, just personal preference, both seem like awesome bows!

The grip was the deciding factor for me also. I liked the grip on the xcentric better because of it being larger. Both are great bows and I'm glad you were able to
find the one that fit you the best. Congrats on the evo, they are awesome bows.

I disagree my first xcentric with an ibo weight arrow and only a nock on the string shot 353 ibo, my second 352. It sounds like you have a slow chrono and an exceptional rpm 360.
Of course, it's always the chrono's fault, isn't it? And that's why I have 3 chronos! (all read within 1 fps).

I finally got my new chrony setup and flung some arrows through it.

Here are my xcentric specs:

54# draw. 28" draw length. 360 grain total weight

3 shots were 290, 288, and 289 FPS

That's with Dloop, peep, and kisser button on the string.

I'm happy with that.
I have to take back this info......did more shooting with my new chrony last night (with a different bow) and was getting inconsistent results. So until I get things figured out......don't trust my numbers. Sorry about the bad information folks.

I have to take back this info......did more shooting with my new chrony last night (with a different bow) and was getting inconsistent results. So until I get things figured out......don't trust my numbers. Sorry about the bad information folks.
:mg: Boooooooooo, Hiisssssssssssssssss !! :devil: Liar liar pants on fire !! :lie: Tar and feather this man !! :chicken01: Run him out of town on a rail !! :car: How dare you !!:uzi:
Turn in your man card !! :withchild You sir are no gentleman !! :nono: What did I miss :set1_thinking:

141 - 153 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.