Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I change the blade to a grinding wheel and have at it. Never had a problem. I shoot the 3D targets in the hoofs, ass, neck, eyeballs, and all surrounding foliage without any adverse effect. Don't let the archery snobs lead you down the path of buying some fancy arrow facing doo-hicky; doesn't matter. You could cut the arrow on a 30-degree angle and the insert would still be parallel. A tube inside a tube with tight tolerances will always be parallel. Sorry, trying to get to 20 post so I can list my bow. I'm more of a lurker, since I don't know anything. Disregard everything. Happy New Year! :wink:

·
Registered
329 Posts
If the op doesn't know anything it would seem he'd ask questions.

When you post your sale page I'll be sure to add a copy of your opening post to it.

·
Certified Flatlander
2,833 Posts
Lol that was good! Even funnier are some of the posts afterwards...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seriously, I do want to thank all those who contribute to the forum. I have learned a ton after reading hundreds of post over the last 2+ years. I have made a draw board, bought a press from a DIY maker on this forum, bought my bow on here, learned to bareshaft tune, re-served my string, etc. My dad told me that you never learn anything when your lips are moving, so I just sit back and try to absorb. Sorry I have not contributed more. But sometimes, people should just listen more than they talk. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Meh, just use a Dremel to cut your arrows, I always thought the shop charged too much to cut my shafts($2)

Just kidding, don't use a Dremel to cut arrows

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
If you snap em over your knee real fast you can get a decent break, then use a file the straighten the rough edges and BAM you have it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,586 Posts
Just because some think he's not all there, it just might be OK.. I've done some things making my arrows over the years & it turned out just fine.. They are square & spin perfect b/4 they get shot though.. Oh, I use Aluminums.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Bolt cutters work on my fmj's. I then just take pliers to round the cut end up a little better from we're the bolt cutters mush it down

I won't tell you what I don't know

·
Registered
11,511 Posts
I've used a 12" miter saw with a 80 tooth blade for many years. I use a new blade and tape the shaft where I'm cutting it. Never had a issue. Cuts and arrows have always been perfect

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

·
Shootingairborne
10,599 Posts
Two years lurking in the dark??? Welcome back. Oh and try a hand held pipe cutter next time.... JK.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts