Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And the pool water is green and murky! :(

I had my wrist sling on and when I shot, it unhooked and fell directly in the pool. No bounce or anything. Wooden handle with laminated wooden limbs. Now I'm going to be thinking of this (the nasty pool water) every time I put my lips on the string at full draw :(

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
take your bow and dry it off and get a new string.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
May I ask what you were doing shooting around your pool? Shooting frogs?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
take your bow and dry it off and get a new string.
I already took it apart, dried it off and wiped it with some disinfectant. I wiped the string too but I think I'm going to strip the wax and reapply new wax... that should get it pretty germ free I would think.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
New string keep that as a back up.I couldn't think of what kinda bacteria is in the water right now.And you might put your lips on it

·
Registered
203 Posts
I figured you were practicing your bowfishing skills.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I am still trying to figure out what you are doing with your lips on the string???? Is that a common anchor with a recurve?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
You'll live

Now I'm going to be thinking of this (the nasty pool water) every time I put my lips on the string at full draw :(
Think about the shot and target. That should "solve" Your problem. I wouldn'tworry about it. Rinse it off and fire away. What were You shooting at?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think about the shot and target. That should "solve" Your problem. I wouldn'tworry about it. Rinse it off and fire away. What were You shooting at?
Homemade foam and cardboard target sitting in front of a mattress that on the other side of the pool.

·
Registered
11,219 Posts
If you knew what my bows have been through you would not worry about a thing...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts