Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after many years of wanting to take a deer with a recurve I finally done it it was only a doe but I was so happy I had to sit on my hands on the way home to keep from waven at everyone. Ok here is how it wnet down Tuesday evening I slipped into a place that I rifle hunted I had seen does on this field a few times so I knew where they came out but I didn't have a stand to put up so I just got the wind in my face and got at one coner of the field where 4 trails came into it and about 25 after 5 I hear something comeing I look up and its a big doe and she is gonna come out on the trail about 15 yards away by this point im a wreck and ive killed so nice deer with a compound but this was different so she comes out and turns broadside I slowly draw and let go I see it hit her right behind the right shoulder but I noticed it didn't go I very far so I give her some time and I start looking by this time its dark and I don't have my good light but I look anyways but I cant find any blood or my arrow after about a hour of looking I cant find anything so I give up the next day I have to be at work at 6 so I had to wait till I got off to look for her so I pull up and go back to where she was standing when I shot her and start looking but still cant find anything but I knew the direction she ran so I start looking and after about 30 mins I found her boy was I proud I don't have pics on my camera but I got some on my phone I can text if anyone wants to see also this deer was killed in Virginia in the late archery season so deer a pretty scared this time a year

·
Widewater Hunt Club
9,387 Posts
Sounds like a heck of an accomplishment to me !! What county if I may ask? You said late archery, so I'm thinking West of the Blue Ridge somewhere? Congrats

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smyth county and thinks

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can text it to you just pm me your number

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if anyone could post the pic for me I can text it to you thanks and just let me know

·
Registered
7,917 Posts
congrats

·
Born yank raised south
17,052 Posts
Congrats on the deer brother.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts