Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until these photos were taken, I didn't know I was bending my wrist like that. I think my release is causing it

Attachments

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
First off...I thought you had a Bowtech? ;)

Honestly, I don't see problem with your bow hand at all...not from that angle anyway. Overall, your form looks not bad. The only issue I see there, is the angle your upper body seems to be at. It appears (again, from this angle) that you are leaning forward a little too much, and maybe even a little hunched over. Not that bad tho.

Shoot Straight

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ok, from the second pic I would say you have to shorten up that release a bit. Looks like you would really have to reach for that trigger.

Again, I see you hunched, and leaning forward a little too much.

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZarkSniper said:
Dood!!!! That's wear the release should be. That's not even the same release..is it? Looks much better with the BowTech.
You're right, the release I'm using with the Bowtech is the Scott Little Goose, the other is a Cobra release which is longer.

·
Occam's Razor
8,799 Posts
You should bend at the waist when shooting down. If not, it will move your release position, as it likely did.................ck

·
Registered
811 Posts
I usually don't give form advise based on pictures, but here goes anyway. First off, are you using the same release in all of the pictures? It looks like 2 completely different anchors and grips on the release with the different bows. It also looks like you are leaning way forward in the first 2. Also you look stretched out a little like your elbow might be pointing behind you instead of straight back or slightly forward. That could just be the picture.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Looks great!!!

Look at the different realease positions on the two bows. See what I mean? Look where your index finger is with the BowTech (good) versus where it is with the Hoyt (not good). Use your ear as a reference point when you look at the pics.

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JAVI said:
Are you on level ground and shooting down at a target?
Not on the above photos but on the deck I was.

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ZarkSniper said:
Looks great!!!

Look at the different realease positions on the two bows. See what I mean? Look where your index finger is with the BowTech (good) versus where it is with the Hoyt (not good). Use your ear as a reference point when you look at the pics.
You're right, I'm gonna stick with the Scott release. I think thats the whole problem in a nutshell.

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You guys are just tooooooooooo blame smart!!! A person would think you knew what you're talking about.

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ZarkSniper said:
By the way...NICE BOW!!!!!!! :teeth:
The Old Glory smokes those arrows. I'm getting geared up for a hog hunt!!

·
32,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
JeremyS said:
I usually don't give form advise based on pictures, but here goes anyway. First off, are you using the same release in all of the pictures? It looks like 2 completely different anchors and grips on the release with the different bows. It also looks like you are leaning way forward in the first 2. Also you look stretched out a little like your elbow might be pointing behind you instead of straight back or slightly forward. That could just be the picture.
No, I was using two different releases and you could be right about the elbow.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
D loops aren't the same. The one on the old glory is at least 3/4 of an inch longer which in essence corrects your anchor point which is to short on your Hoyt and is causing you lean into the shot. I'd make both loops the same and then revisit your draw length.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts