Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that I got drawn for Bull Elk. I got my first choice which was in unit 6B in AZ. There have been some monsters take from there. I just wanted to post since I am so happy. It was my first year I put in for it. Also my first archery hunt. I cant wait...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well I put in for deer, archery bull elk, bighorn sheep, antelope, and turkey, and got drawn for none. I had 3 bonus points.:( Oh well... maybe next year, or the year after, or the year after... geez.

·
NRA Life Member
1,225 Posts
SMOKEY,THAT'S GREAT NEWS.GOOD LUCK, I HOPE U HAVE A GOOD HUNT AND TAKE A GOOD BULL.I HAVE NOT BEEN AS LUCKY AS U WITH THE DRAW, THIS WAS MY 8TH YEAR APPLYING FOR ARCHERY BULL PERMIT IN UNIT 1,I HAD 7 BONUS POINTS GOING INTO THIS DRAW AND STILL NO LUCK.LET US KNOW HOW U MAKE OUT THIS FALL,AND AGAIN GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
293 Posts
YES.........

THAT IS A #ELL OF A DEAL......................GOOD LUCK WB

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
BIG BULL !!

GOOD LUCK, Smokey !!

Shoot Str8 >>----> (x)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Bull

Jav has the right ideal ...............Get then............Meat baby..WB

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Go get em. Congratulations and have a safe trip.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im going to try to scout a few times. Also I should be there in the middle of the week when the weekend warriors go home so that should help a little also.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congrats Smokey!
Didn't draw elk tag, again, but I'm glad someone did.
Good luck and have a great hunt.
AZHUNTER

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, thats what I like most about this site.. Everyone is in it for each other. I went down to Bear Mtn Archery to get a little work done on my bow and there were a couple of guys in there shopping that had it in for me. They were continually trying to put me down like I didnt deserve to get drawn. They were obviously pissed that they didnt get drawn and took it out on me. I wasnt bragging, I was just talking to the tech and he was giving me a few pointers. Anyway, thanks for the good words guys, if anything you are giving me more confidence. It makes me realize the opportunity that I have and realize that I need to prepare every day for this...thanks C

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
I'm shure glad I live in Montana where you can hunt deer, elk, turkeys, antelope and bears without going through a draw.:) We do have to draw for sheep, Mtn. goat and moose though. Good Luck on your hunt, I'm pullin' for ya. Remain calm and put one is his pump station!:D Elk huntin' is a hoot!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hunted in 5B couple years back for Elk..... The biggest thing is that if it gets cold and there is snow up in the mountains and you can't find them in the high grounds, then you gotta look for them in the Mesquite's....That is what happened to us... couldn't find anything in the mountains so went south to the Mesquites and found the whole fricken heard.... Good Luck this year and Congrats.... As you I too got drawn on my first time putting in for Elk... but haven't been drawn for the last 2 years though... :-(

Good Luck and take some time to get out into your Unit, go Camping out there and scout out the area.... Enjoy your hunt.... Take a camera and when you get done share your experience with the rest of us so that we can get our Elk fix...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts