Archery Talk Forum banner

I got it I got it I got it I got it ! My New Tribute

850 Views 24 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  AllTheRage
I received my new Tribute today I purchased it off of AT in the classifieds.

" One week old 2007 Tribute "

What a nice bow, hunting this year is going to be a blast, I purchased some Carbon Express 250's cut them off at 28", I'm going to go with G 5 broadheads, only because I have them. It is set it up with STS, it came with one, but I'm going to put my STS on it, a flashpoint site (micro 5 pin), G 5 1/4peep, and a Vapor Trail limb driven drop away, and a Alpine soft lock quiver.

I might just have to break down and buy me one of those fancy hard side bow cases, naaa, let's not get drastic. My tarantula will do !

SWEET !!!!!!!!

DeerSpotter
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
3,243 Posts
Congratulations on getting a great bow. There is noise from the field about bringing this model back. One suggestion: watch your center shot and cable clearance if you start shooting Blazers or any other high profile vane.

Best of luck and good shootin'.

· Registered
6,430 Posts
Heck , if your looking to spend some of your hard earned cash on something the Tribute could utilize well,, Save up and buy a set of Barnsdale limbs for her..,. She's not only be pretty, but she;d be even more reliable out in the field,,

· Registered
5,465 Posts
Man Law we need pics! Congrats!!!

· Registered
1,992 Posts
I killed 2 deer last year with mine. It is the ultimate blend of speed and forgiveness. Enjoy.

· Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

This is the image that was on the add I purchased it off of on AT

I haven't had time (because I work in a boat shop, and we have been swamped) but it should tone down since season started. And

I have the next three days off !!!!!!!!

So I will get it set up, and post a new photo.

I will put my personal Omni press to work tomorrow !

DeerSpotter

10,284 Posts

This is the image that was on the add I purchased it off of on AT

I haven't had time (because I work in a boat shop, and we have been swamped) but it should tone down since season started. And

I have the next three days off !!!!!!!!

So I will get it set up, and post a new photo.

I will put my personal Omni press to work tomorrow !

DeerSpotter
Man that Pic looks familiar...;) Enjoy your Tribute Carl as they are a Killing Machine! :eek: :wink: And No,you don`t need Barnsdale Limbs for it...:rolleyes: :tongue: J.R.

· Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have learned through working in a bow shop the differences between the very old-style of bows, that if you turn them down in poundage the efficiency went with it.

With the new modern bows like Bowtech and many of the others, the efficiency does not diminish very much when they are turned down from 70#to 60, my particular bow "The Tribute" he is turned down to 58# there are two lamb locks screws, and those two have slots or tracks, and as long as you do not Max it out to the end of the track your bow will do just fine. And that's what I've done with this one, it is to the middle of the small track. The efficiency and this bow is minimized to just about nothing to the average person, he would have to set up in a bow shooting machine to really see the difference and measure at with a computer. That is how technical today's bows have achieved in efficiency.

But I'm just an average guy, and I can give a hoot about all that stuff, all I'm concerned about is that my deer

Go flop, after the arrow passes through it !

I am that have fun with this bow.

Tomorrow is my day to play with the Omni press, and my tribute !

Carl

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.