Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever shot a round at at the end you are unsure of how to feel about it? Tonight I was shooting a vegas round until I had to head home mid way through my round, and Im unsure of how to feel about it. On vegas I usually shoot in the mid to high teens for an x count, even with my GT 5575's. Tonight through 6 rounds, I had only 5-X's, 12-10's and only 1-9. That is good for me to only have a single 9 at that point, but to have so many 10's is unbelievable to me. As the shop owner would say, "you couldnt buy an X if you wanted to". Now I know some will say shoot a bigger shaft to get those X's, but I am not looking for how to increase my X count. I am just wondering if anyone else has had a round where it looks really good, but you could have easily had many more points where they seem to all miss by a hair?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
In the target game you always think "I can do better"
Even the pros have their off days and don't shoot exactly perfect. We are human and always make mistakes weather we admit to it or not lol.
I had one this past Saturday at Nationals. I hadent shot anything less than a 300 for 2 weeks straight then POW!! 298 on opening day lol. Just learn from those days and move on. We always wonder if there is something we could change to boost that score or be more accurate, hold more steady etc. I myself get caught up in the "what if" game in this sport and have to keep myself in check. Its just the natural competitiveness comming out in us lol.
Keep it fun and practice and the scores will come.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
In the target game you always think "I can do better"
Even the pros have their off days and don't shoot exactly perfect. We are human and always make mistakes weather we admit to it or not lol.
I had one this past Saturday at Nationals. I hadent shot anything less than a 300 for 2 weeks straight then POW!! 298 on opening day lol. Just learn from those days and move on. We always wonder if there is something we could change to boost that score or be more accurate, hold more steady etc. I myself get caught up in the "what if" game in this sport and have to keep myself in check. Its just the natural competitiveness comming out in us lol.
Keep it fun and practice and the scores will come.
Hope this helps
I hear you! Did the same last weekend lol! Then I came home and shot 2 of my best scores ever back to back and thought if I could have done that in Louisville I would have won my class! To the op, yes I do that quite a bit!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just looked at the score and said wow. Because I normally don't have a problem with hitting the x, but yesterday was a day where I felt like nothing could stop me. I would make consistently great shots and maybe get a x each round. Spots are not my game and everyone in the shop knows that, but I still average about a 310 on Vegas with about 5 9's a round. Maybe I just need 3d season to get here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts