Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had 2 of them previously. The evolve 35. Took there place and away they went. Then realized that bow is heavy. Found that out holding the bow in the stand for 1 hour straight while watching deer around me waiting for the one I wanted to present a shot. My arm was dead. So went to the carbon air 34 which I love. Evolve cams, lite, carbon doesn't get cold and its a shooter. I wanted a back up bow so just picked up a new one at a good price. The hd cam is a small bit harder during draw then evolve but not by much. It also is in between the evolve 35 and carbon air in weight. And its a shooter. Had it shooting bullet holes 1 hour after receiving it today. Its a great bow that got little attention. Don't pass one if you can get one cheap.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
Both HD and evolve cam are Center pull so that’s first check

I don’t know if the space between limbs on the evolve cam bows is equal to the spacing on the decree ?

If there is room between limbs then check two

Then it becomes a limb deflection issue

Someone like breathn should know all these answers

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
in the process of converting mine...
I will be very interest in this as well

It would make bows like decrees both long and short great project bows as they are much lighter weight than the evolves that replaced them

Heck even a dna riser would be awesome with a set of evolve cams

This is predicated on the risers being strong enough to hand the limbs that are needed to get useable poundages if there is any huge differences in deflection requirements

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah just measured both limb gaps and are identical at 1 7/8. Eager to see how the build goes. If its able to be done it would make the great hd35 awesome once the evolve cams are on it. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
This is predicated on the risers being strong enough to hand the limbs that are needed to get useable poundages if there is any huge differences in deflection requirements
I measured deflections throughout the entire draw cycle in 1" increments to compare the HD and EC cams they were nearly identical.
So I would guess that poundage is going to be pretty much the same after the swap.

·
300 or bust
13,140 Posts
I measured deflections throughout the entire draw cycle in 1" increments to compare the HD and EC cams they were nearly identical.
So I would guess that poundage is going to be pretty much the same after the swap.
That’s great

·
Registered
327 Posts
agree with you.
i would love to see a Decree HD Ti with Evolve cams.
i like my Decree more than my Evolve.
It's lighter. The factory cam shimming is way better. i just think the riser looks better.

·
Registered
35 Posts
agree with you.
i would love to see a Decree HD Ti with Evolve cams.
i like my Decree more than my Evolve.
It's lighter. The factory cam shimming is way better. i just think the riser looks better.
So the other night we ran my buddy’s evolve 35 and my decree hd32 through the chrono. My arrow ran through at 284 with a drop away hdx and 60 lb draw. Same arrow on the evolve ran at 291 on a blade rest with 70lb draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts