Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Blade Maker
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my daughter out this evening to do some scouting in an area where I have taken deer in the past. We were looking at a doe and two fawns just off the road when we spotted this buck laying 30 yards from the truck just up ahead. With her going through the roof with excitment, well I had to shoot the little guy. The big 4 x 5 Mulie that I have on my game camera will have to wait until next year.

I saw the buck go down not 40 yards from where it was shot, but I had to let her track him. She found blood a few feet from where it was laying and did a great job following the trail. She was very proud of herself because she found the downed deer. We had a great evening, one neither of us will forget.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
she will..

She will always remember it!!!!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
U will never be able to put a size or price tag on something like that. You and your daughter will always have that memory to look back on. Congrats!:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Sometimes by pleasing the kids, we not only make memories......but receive many blessings several times over.

Great to see that she enjoyed partaking in the hunt w/you.

Job well done......just look at that smile!

Greg

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
That exprience with your daughter will rank over any big buck you will shoot. Congrat's and good job on getting your children invovled. It's not the spread of the horn's it's the spread of the smile on your daughter's face.
Shawn F.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Good shot, and good job at being a Dad. My son Jake is two, and I cant wait for my first blood trail with him. This is what great memories, and good stories are made of. Keep up the good work, and before you know it, she will be the shooter, and you will be the one going through the roof, and jumping to the blood trail. Kind of funny how quickly it turns around. Tony

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
I can't say anything that these other guys haven't said already, but none the less, congratulations to you and your daughter my man. This is a memory that I am sure will last a life time!!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
You will live your whole life and never forget or have a such a special day with your child......it will always be something special...puts trophy hunting into it's proper perspective.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
great job, she will always treasure this day and I bet you will too, no substitute for family.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hey, great job. That is awesome that the two of you were able to share that together. I know I was a total "daddy's girl" and I still remember all the things that we did.
Not to mention, I bet she is hooked, and can't wait to hunt as well!!!

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
That's awesome! CONGRATS and thanks for sharing the tradition with a young 'un. A big tip of the bowhunter cap to ya! That lil' buck right there will FOREVER be a trohy for the both of you. I'd do something special with the animal, like atleast get a quality horn or skull mount done to preserve the memory. Congrats again and thanks for posting the experience! :thumbs_up :cool:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Congratulations

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Do you have any buck tags left?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Nice job DAD! That's the one I'd mount and hang in the most looked at spot in the house. Congrat.s

·
Blade Maker
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all. She has already said she want's to put the rack on here wall! She helped me put up and check game camera's all summer and this was the icing on the cake for both of us.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
way to go....

That smile on her face says it all....Time spent outdoors (or anywhere, for that matter) with your kids is priceless, and you have made memories that you and she will share forever. Congrats on filling the freezer, and planting a seed for the future of hunting.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
GVDocHoliday said:
Look at that smile...it's Priceless!!! Congrats.
I couldn't have said it better or agree more.

You will both cherish this day forever.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts