Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guess what ? I like speed and if I pay for a speed bow, by golly I want a speed bow that shoots as advertised.
Question - Why would anyone shoot a slow azz bow with all the new speed bows ? I want the best equipment money can buy. So why would I buy a bow that shoots 150pfs when I can buy a bow that shoots 300fps with the same arrow ? I can understand it would be stupid if someone goes down to a 300 gn arrow (for hunting) to get speed but if you can keep both a decent weight and a faster bow you are crazy not to do it.

Speed in my eyes it is just as important or more important as arrow weight. As a matter of fact, I think a fast bow will help you make better kill shots than a heavy slow arrow. So for me - give me a 400gn at 300 fps.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Ok...

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
and i hate guys that make pointless threads that prove nothing.

·
Registered
28,126 Posts
Yes.....hate those guys. But why stop there. Let's put a curse on them. ALL OF THEM!! Curse you....you archers who think you must shoot 300+fps. You are zits on the buttocks of archery. Away with all of you. Out of my site!!! Hacktoooooo!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,664 Posts
My d340 does 303-304 with a 400 grain arrow, but I shoot 432 around 294.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Hate's kinda harsh no?

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
It's your story man, tell it how ya want it! LOL!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Hate is a pretty strong word. I don't understand. Who cares how fast someone else is shooting? If they want to shoot 300 fps good for them. It's people like you that are bringing "hatred" into this sport that is unnecessary. We all share a passion for this sport together, so why come on here and bash people for a set up that they personally prefer that differs from you?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hate is a pretty strong word. I don't understand. Who cares how fast someone else is shooting? If they want to shoot 300 fps good for them. It's people like you that are bringing "hatred" into this sport that is unnecessary. We all share a passion for this sport together, so why come on here and bash people for a set up that they personally prefer that differs from you?
Sorry, you misunderstood. It was a quote for another thread.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I'll take my 505 grain arrow and 82 lbs of KE anyway over hate.

·
JB WELD PRO STAFFER
13,079 Posts
Yea I agree! I like my daisy better than my buddies red rider even though he has a compass. Next yr dad plans on getting my a single shot 410 and its gonna be great for squirlles.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Good for you!

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea I agree! I like my daisy better than my buddies red rider even though he has a compass. Next yr dad plans on getting my a single shot 410 and its gonna be great for squirlles.
red rider ??? that's a pretty stong word there mister you should be ashamed. It's people like you that are bringing "hatred" into this sport that is unnecessary. We all share a passion for this sport together, so why come on here and bash people for a set up that they personally prefer that differs from you?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I will take my 560 grain arrow at 270 fps and 90#'s KE over my 410 grains at 314 fps at 89#'s KE becasue it is more forgiving, more accurate for me and makes my bow almost silent on the shot. Sorry.

·
aim small...miss small...
1,294 Posts
Speed in my eyes it is just as important or more important as arrow weight. As a matter of fact, I think a fast bow will help you make better kill shots than a heavy slow arrow. So for me - give me a 400gn at 300 fps.
Speed isn't the most important factor in better kill shots. Will more speed help compensate for misjudged yardages? Yes, but that's about the biggest thing it will help with. Read this thread and reconsider...http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1567675&highlight=efficiency

1 - 20 of 86 Posts