Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AM 32 is destroying the serving about two inches up from the bottom cam on the string. This is the spot where the string is when the cam hits the letoff and rolls over. I have had my AM 32 about a month. I would say I have shot it 300-400 times, possibly a little more. Is anyone else having this problem?

· Registered
697 Posts
yup serving is being cut

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, (with the wrong cam) but shot it a couple of hundred times. I had the cam changed and after another hundred or so shots had the serving cut where it rolls over the bottom cam. I replaced the serving, and had it start again. I took the cam off polished it with 600 grit paper and replaced the serving, I have about another hundred shots on it and have yet to see any issues ( but I will be watching it closely). It seems some cams have a burr or something on them and wear the serving way too fast. Oh BTW I switched to 452x so the strings may be a little thinner than the fuse strings which may help as well.
bear

· Registered
2,592 Posts
Fuse strings are just not that great plain and simple. I replaced my stock strings with some of twisted archers here on AT, the day I recieved my bow and have not had any problem and I have put about 2000+ shots on it so far. Get yourself a nice set of strings and you will be all set.

· Registered
1,880 Posts
If it is cutting the serving then I would not shoot it till I got it fixed as thier is a sharp edge that could cut string at full draw.If the serving is moving I would push it into place and glue the first few inches of the serving so it locks the serving strands together.

· Registered
1,815 Posts
I am picking up a BC AM32 w/ #3 cam next week and you guys are making me a bit nervous.

Just like the little fixes we can do on a certain broadhead to keep it from opening, I don't expect to pay top dollar for a bow and have to make slight mods to make it work correctly.

Too many people have mentioned this so it must be a small issue. Is it only happening on a particular cam?

I am going to change out the string before I get it home, will this be a good enough fix.

thanks guys

· Registered
3,565 Posts
I have a alpha max 35 with the number 2 cam,,the fuse strings are doing great,,I have been using the scorpion venom cam and serving lube,,and the bowstring fluid,,try this stuff on your new string's it works great!!!

· Registered
697 Posts
not too worry either

not to imply that I don't like the bow, I love it, I just recognize that of the thousands of these that have been sold, some may not like the fuse strings. And of course, those 20 or 30 folks will complain loudly. Just be aware and if there is this minor problem let the hoyt boys fix it, they stand behind their products BTW, this is my 7th hoyt and I still have 4 of them and my havotec has probably 50,000 rounds through it (fourth set of strings, third set of cables).

· Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am not complaining at all. I am a Hoyt guy all the way. I always replace the strings. I just thought the new strings and cables were better than earlier models. I am in no way bashing Hoyt or the AM 32, they and it are great, I just want to know if anyone else is having the same problem.

· Registered
2,048 Posts
I've got over a thousand shots on mine with no problems whatsoever. Having said that, New strings and cables from Joel at 60Xarchery are going on next week...... just because.

· Registered
15,362 Posts
I am not complaining at all. I am a Hoyt guy all the way. I always replace the strings. I just thought the new strings and cables were better than earlier models. I am in no way bashing Hoyt or the AM 32, they and it are great, I just want to know if anyone else is having the same problem.
Yes, I had the same thing. Can't blame the string if it is not tracking straight. Mine had major cam lean. Swapped all the limbs around and the same thing. Sent it back and they installed new bearings in the cam, which I am sure they did since all is well now. They also said they replaced all limbs and one cam. I marked all the limbs and cams so I would have a clue of what went on. They sure were good at marking the new limbs and cams just like I had done.:rolleyes:

· Registered
2,298 Posts
I got that problem. I got it solved though. The problem is in the module where it contacts the cam. Take the module off and slightly sand (with 400 grit or finer)the mod on the part where it meets the cam. It is pretty sharp there. I did that and now have over 100 shot with no more wear.

· Registered
15,362 Posts
I am picking up a BC AM32 w/ #3 cam next week and you guys are making me a bit nervous.

Just like the little fixes we can do on a certain broadhead to keep it from opening, I don't expect to pay top dollar for a bow and have to make slight mods to make it work correctly.

Too many people have mentioned this so it must be a small issue. Is it only happening on a particular cam?

I am going to change out the string before I get it home, will this be a good enough fix.

thanks guys
I would shoot the factory stuff for a while to be sure. Like you said, awful lot of these threads popping up here lately with a bottom cam issue. Btw, #3 cam is what I have.

· Registered
6,815 Posts
Yes, I had the same thing. Can't blame the string if it is not tracking straight. Mine had major cam lean. Swapped all the limbs around and the same thing. Sent it back and they installed new bearings in the cam, which I am sure they did since all is well now. They also said they replaced all limbs and one cam. I marked all the limbs and cams so I would have a clue of what went on. They sure were good at marking the new limbs and cams just like I had done.:rolleyes:
i'm calling BS on this one buddy!..:rolleyes:

I got that problem. I got it solved though. The problem is in the module where it contacts the cam. Take the module off and slightly sand (with 400 grit or finer)the mod on the part where it meets the cam. It is pretty sharp there. I did that and now have over 100 shot with no more wear.
+1...this will solve the problem!

· Registered
2,298 Posts
i'm calling BS on this one buddy!..:rolleyes:

+1...this will solve the problem!
Yes. The problem is this. Seems to me the valley where the cable goes through is not wide enough for the cable serving. So when you sand the sharp edges of the mod down it will allow a little more room for the serving to not be cut. And makes the connection between the cam and mod alot smoother.

· Registered
1,815 Posts
Sounds like some good advice, but again, I'm not touching this bow to fix it myself if I just paid top dollar for it.

I will print this forum and take it with me so they can check the module prior to me leaving.

thanks

· Registered
1,136 Posts
I've got over 1000 shots through my AM35 with #2 cams with no problems. I was going to swap out the Fuse strings because I've heard they're crap. Well after 1000 shots my peep is exactly where I set it and my specs haven't changed a bit.

· Registered
6,815 Posts
Yes. The problem is this. Seems to me the valley where the cable goes through is not wide enough for the cable serving. So when you sand the sharp edges of the mod down it will allow a little more room for the serving to not be cut. And makes the connection between the cam and mod alot smoother.
1...i agree...:thumbs_up

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.