Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly does this Mutant Forum have to do with archery? If you guys want to act like that go to another forum with that CRAP! I like to cut up-and that's fine, but this shouldn't be the place for that!! :eek: It will start to trickle into the other sections and the whole site will be worthless. :mad:
I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way! :angry:

·
74,535 Posts
Moderators

Here have made a forum for them.

Appartly many are loggin in there.

Dont click on that forum. Its that simple.

Its no big deal. Archers having fun. Just that simple

·
Registered
361 Posts
While I don't have 10,000 posts and even a hundred, I wonder what the forum has to due with archery or archerytalk (you know the name of this website). I know not to "visit" the forum.

I guess in time we will all make our own decision. If the forum keeps it out of the "archery" forums then great, I hope the tone doesn't slow erode the quality archery talk here.

I personally question the decision to allow such a forum, but then again, I could start my own website and I know I'm not going to do that, can I visit Bowsite...yes,,,, do I want to no.... will I ????? Time will tell what will happen.

Redman2002

·
32,711 Posts
Daniel Boone said:
Here have made a forum for them.

Appartly many are loggin in there.

Dont click on that forum. Its that simple.

Its no big deal. Archers having fun. Just that simple
I use to visit the SASS wire kinda like I do here now and they have the Saloon to do virtually the same as the mutants here. Its for fun and I have no problem with it. Don't let them bother you and they won't. Bunch of good people and most are very smart and intellectual. The good thing about it is they are out of here where we talk bows and arrows. I visit with those folks and enjoy it myself. Artists are like that. Kinda weird!!!

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Your not the only one who feels that way but, it seems that the powers that be want to pander to the lowest common denominator here instead of trying to uphold the quality of this site. It's a shame but it seems as if AT is less concerned with Archery and more concerned with entertaining the off the wall crowd. This USED to be the premier archery website on the internet. Little by little it's turning into clown alley. The motto here should be changed from Archers helping Archers to, Archers and everybody else looking to find a place to screw around.

I sure hope the moderators here are proud of themselves, they are managing to turn a first rate place into a third class dumping ground for anyone with nothing better to do then post stupid wastes of bandwidth. Does anyone still wonder why the Pro Shooters have shunned this place for some time now.

I fully understand that the powers that be won't appreciate the sentiments of someone who is actually more interested in archery then in "Mutant Forums" but the things I have seen go on here over the past year need to be spoken about and I for one have never been one not to speak my mind. After all what would I know, I have only been here for three years. It's more important to please all the newcomers who are looking to have a good time, even if it doesn't relate in any way to archery.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to ask why is it at the TOP? What kind of IMAGE does that project when a NON archer or someone AGAINST archery/hunting reads that stuff?
Like I said before-there are forums all over the internet for that-NOT HERE! :thumbs_do

·
74,535 Posts
Just for any information

HV Bowman said:
Your not the only one who feels that way but, it seems that the powers that be want to pander to the lowest common denominator here instead of trying to uphold the quality of this site. It's a shame but it seems as if AT is less concerned with Archery and more concerned with entertaining the off the wall crowd. This USED to be the premier archery website on the internet. Little by little it's turning into clown alley. The motto here should be changed from Archers helping Archers to, Archers and everybody else looking to find a place to screw around.

I sure hope the moderators here are proud of themselves, they are managing to turn a first rate place into a third class dumping ground for anyone with nothing better to do then post stupid wastes of bandwidth. Does anyone still wonder why the Pro Shooters have shunned this place for some time now.

I fully understand that the powers that be won't appreciate the sentiments of someone who is actually more interested in archery then in "Mutant Forums" but the things I have seen go on here over the past year need to be spoken about and I for one have never been one not to speak my mind. After all what would I know, I have only been here for three years. It's more important to please all the newcomers who are looking to have a good time, even if it doesn't relate in any way to archery.
AT still has more members joining everyday. Yes believe it or not we are growing. Now AT has always tried to provide everyone here something and we will continue that tradition. If you cant find anything to do with archery in three large forums here. Your obvious not looking. 3d is there, fita, bowhunting, general, tuning. The members are here, just not all in the general forum. We are doing fine. You cant please everyone but we darn sure try.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
While I do agree with you... I would suggest to let them be. Thanks to the admin. of this site they have their own section to do as they wish. The general archery section is starting to return the way it once was. For the members that want to talk about archery, here we are. If you want to have fun, etc.. please visit the soap box or the new Mutant forum. I think the admin. has found an acceptable solution to the issues that this section once had. So even though I might not agree with them; I say, lets leave them alone.

Darrel

·
74,535 Posts
Anyone notice

Theres more and more viewing general now.

Its actually working fine.

Members can make choices.

This is a good thing

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Well I am enjoying the mutant forum. Not so much tec talk or being told to do a search on it before asking a question. It is kind of like hanging out at the bar after work with some friends who kid and joke around. It is nice being somewhere where it is stated that a sence of humor is needed to be here. If you have none then stay out. BTW a lot of these guys are the first ones to answer questions to newbies and shooters of any caliber. They are also the ones who will talk to you and identify themselves at a shoot. Just my opinion of the group. Good mugtants :teeth:

·
Registered
7,575 Posts
I think the mutant forum was a good idea. The whole "mutant" thing is sort of nerdy in my opinion, kind of like accidentally walking into a Star Trek convention and everyone thinks you're the geek 'cause you don't have a Spock suit on. Yeeaahhh, OK. With the exception of one or two guys I thought most of the posts and threads were pretty funny. It was however out growing the general section. The section was getting over run with a bunch of b.s. type threads and there wasn't much useful info going around. You had to cruise two or three pages to find a thread title that looked like it had any real info. Now those guys have a place to screw around in and it doesn't clog up the general section. Just like the previous threads you can just ignore them if you're not interested.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't have a problem with anyone on this site...well..... :zip:
Maybe if you could put the Mutants down by the Soap Box were they belong! LOL! I like this site and hope that the quality of information remains high. :mg: :beer:
I am done! Sorry Guys! :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
The smaller print on the main page says it is on top for the weekend. I am sure it will be moved come Monday to its perment home. It is new so they are just letting everyone take a look see before burying at the bottom. :D

·
Registered
808 Posts
I had a problem when you had to wade through all the Mutant BS to get to serious archery posts in the General Archery Discussion forum. I like them having their own forum for the juvenile antics. With that said, I too wondered about it being at the top... Like MoNO, I don't believe that it reflects the mainstream archer or bowhunter here on AT, and is a sad welcome to new visitors.

·
74,535 Posts
Its temporary

Just for the weekend.

I missed the smaller print also.

Thanks for informing us.

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
It seems to me that AT was just trying to be inclusive. The Mutant Forum is a place to cut up, and relax and have some fun.

And it is not the only non-archery forum here...there is the photography forum and the Soap Box.

If you don't enjoy that sort of stuff...don't go there. Simple as that.

·
Registered
15,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:wink: Not trying to pick a fight with anyone! I was wondering about the first thing I saw when I logged on! My mistake as well! :embarasse :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
MoNofletch said:
:wink: Not trying to pick a fight with anyone! I was wondering about the first thing I saw when I logged on! My mistake as well! :embarasse :rolleyes:
No problem, mono...come over and give it a try! :star:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts