Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently started thinking that i was going to get into back tension. I shoot in a league ever Tuesday night (Independence Bowhunters) and i shot my first back tension release about a week ago in the tournament luckily his carter honey had a safety on it. I liked it a lot and always wanted to get into back tension but i was always afraid of punching myself in the face. So anyways i went and picked up a new Truball HT 3 release today and i am simply amazed as to how much a back tension improved my shot process. Today i shot 16 points over my average which was average dropped about 3 weeks ago when ever i shot the wrong target but i went from shooting a average of 281 and 19x's to 297 and 29x's. I am pretty sure i could've shot a 300 tonight but i still could use some improvement on my back tension skills.

·
Socket Man
24,310 Posts
Since you are really new and have little to no bad habits I am going to send you my hinge setup routine so that you can get your hinge set up correctly. Feel free to pm me and I will lead you the best that I can if you have any questions.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Since you are really new and have little to no bad habits I am going to send you my hinge setup routine so that you can get your hinge set up correctly. Feel free to pm me and I will lead you the best that I can if you have any questions.
This is a good read. Lot of info

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the club! I'm learning how to use my Truball HT3 as well. It's less forgiving of mistakes than my wrist release - if I punch it with a forced wrist turn, it SHOWS (usually in a miss on a 5-spot target). But when I'm on my form and using it as intended, it's a tack driver! It was worth the time to learn. Even a newbie shooter, my average indoor scores have gone from the 250s to the 280s. No face punches yet!

·
Registered
384 Posts
I am getting my Truball HT3 tomorrow as well and it will be the 1st time I try hinge, I hope it works out for the best

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
it's awesome when you find that missing link in your shooting so you can progress from there.if the release has a thumb post on it there is very little-no chance of punching yourself in the face when drawing the bow

·
Socket Man
24,310 Posts
Tma-1, have you done the hinge setup routine that I offer? Since you are new to hinge shooting you really should do it because it will get you past many of the bad habits and poor shooting that comes from a hinge that hasn't been set up correctly. Just pm me if you want it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I started with one as well. I liked it so much I just got a 2nd release. No one should be scared to try one. My only regret was not starting years ago!

·
Registered
450 Posts
I luv the HT4. If u r anything like me, learning the hinge is a lifetime endeavor with little break throughs in technique every once in awhile. Just had a huge breakthrough just the other day after two years shooting one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
CAn you pm me that also. I had it at one time but lost it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Tma-1, have you done the hinge setup routine that I offer? Since you are new to hinge shooting you really should do it because it will get you past many of the bad habits and poor shooting that comes from a hinge that hasn't been set up correctly. Just pm me if you want it.
Could you also message me that as well? I will be picking one up around christmas time or a bit after. Thank you.

·
Registered
368 Posts
might as well send me one as well. lol

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love the way the HT3 fits my hand. One thing that i wish i would have gotten is a smooth moon release vs. one with a clicker. Which i don't know if it a big deal yet but some people say that when you get used to using a release with a clicker that it can cause target panic over time and mess with your shot process.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I love the way the HT3 fits my hand. One thing that i wish i would have gotten is a smooth moon release vs. one with a clicker. Which i don't know if it a big deal yet but some people say that when you get used to using a release with a clicker that it can cause target panic over time and mess with your shot process.
If you carefully disassemble the release and flip the half moon, you can eliminate the click. Here's a thread that explains it.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1498831

·
Registered
381 Posts
I really like my Carter Evolution+. I did the hinge release but i kept wanting to cheat it. Either way they do help you when it comes to making you a better archer in my opinion. Good Shooting:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts