Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a longtime shooter of an old browning compound bow from the 80's. It always shot well for me and I never thought about changing....until a little ds600 came along. Saw it advertised on facebook, and made a deal on the bow and picked it up from the guy.

Had some repair work taken care of by Darton, and I must say they are an amazing company when it comes to taking care of their customers. Darton has my business for life, I can assure you of that! I already have my next bow picked out, but it will be a couple years until I get it...the DS 3800.

If there is ever any question about Darton's customer service, I can only vouch for how they treated me...but let me tell ya...they are top of the line awesome!

Darton IS the standard in the industry!

Darton Hunter69

·
Registered
586 Posts
been a long time darton man myself u Will love the 3800 very fast quiet dead in the hand build like a tank best cs in the industry.

·
Proverbs 21:19
9,615 Posts
Yes sir the 3800 is a top notch bow. I'm shooting a 461 gr arrow at 290+ with 59#

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont know how many grains my arrows are, I reckon one of ya'all who know about that kinda thing could figure it out but...when I got the bow I had it checked at the shop and with the arrows that were cut to fit me 30 inch draw and 64 lbs on the pull I am sending them arrows through the chrony at an average of 284fps.

That is considerably faster than with what I am used to with my browning which averaged 220fps. And while I have never been a speed demon, I have already seen that speed does make a difference in the sights and in the longer ranging shots...much more forgiving. I like the DS 600 and now it is basically brand new, with two new limbs, I will hunt with it and target shoot with it for a couple of seasons, and then I will move on to the 3800. I have been reading quite a bit as well as watching videos about the 3800, and you really dont hear many complaints if at all.

Darton customer for life...and the people at Darton are just top notch.

Darton Hunter69

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found out my DS 600 isnt a DS 600...it's a AS 100. Word to the wise, don't ever take anybody's word for anything when they remove a sticker from a bow. He passed it off as a 2012 DS 600 and at first glance never having seen one...it is easy to mistake. The bow I own is actually a AS 100 and is circa 2008-2011....I will never truly know. Very disappointed , as I am 30 inch draw length and the AS 100 only goes to 29. $400 spent on a bow that doesn't fit me to shoot.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's ok, Karma is a real equalizer, and she will take care of the punk that ripped me off. It's not something worth going to jail over...10 years ago I'd be awaiting bail/trial/ or both. $400 isnt my biggest mistake in life...so I will chalk it up and keep on keepin on.

Darton Hunter69

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the bow back and have been shooting it quite a bit lately. I may not be 30 inch draw after all. I am doing well with this bow out to 40 yards so far and really enjoying shooting it...its fast and flat and even if karma doesn't visit that clown that sold it to me...it is ok...the more i shoot this bow...the more i like it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry about being mislead. you could have bought my 2010 Darton pro 3800 for around the same price. If you get interested in the near future let me know. It is 28" draw, 60-70lb., WB rest, Specialty archery products peep with adjustable inserts, All Black. I keep hanging onto this bow even when I have a newer bow in the arsenal. I may let it go in the near future.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got a buddy with a 2012 DS2800 that was completely rebuilt (new cams+limbs) for sale. He also just put on brand new Vapor Trail strings and cables right before hunting season (sold neon green). Bow is solid black. He's looking for $500, but I'm sure there's room to negotiate.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Darton is a phenominal bow company. Best customer service ive ever had with Bear running a close second. I just picked up my 3rd 3800 and had a 2800 for quite a bit. Easy to setup, fun to shoot, accurate, factory direct parts, oh, and they're fast as heck too:) best part about them (in my opinion anyway) is the specs dont really change much. So i wouldnt hesitate to pick up a 2010 model for 250.00 rather than a 2013 for 500.00. Same bows, for the most part, ive used the same exact set of 27.5 mods for 3 different model year Dartons.. Not too many companies you can do that with,lol. Keep an eye open in the classifieds, theres usually one or two floating around in there, only thing to consider is an older bow may have a little more wear and tear on it, possibly may be in need of some new strings, etc.. But with the money saved on buying an older model you could get a set of customs built;) Oh, the 3800 i just got is a 2010, got it for right around $300.00. Shoots lights out just like the 2012 i had, with the same mods;) enjoy you bow bud

1 - 11 of 11 Posts