Archery Talk Forum banner

I just need to vent about lighted nocks, very frustrated.

1688 Views 30 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  [email protected]
Well 2 years ago I tried the luminocks and they were worthless. I mean they only worked half the time and when the moment of truth came and I shot a deer the darn thing didn't even light up! Two days ago I got some easton tracer nocks and they work great and they work every single time. Then today I decided to give the luminocks one more try because they were supposedly improved and they now have them in green. So tonight I tried them and the very first shot I took they came on and as soon as they hit the target they turned back off. This went on for several shots. Finally they worked properly maybe a few times and one time that they did work I left the arrow in the target and took another shot and when my arrow hit the target a good 2 feet away from the arrow with the luminock on it the stupid light went off when my other arrow hit the target, I mean WTH! So I tried using the strips of paper that came with the luminock and I followed the instructions and it still wont work right. The thing that sucks is that I love the brightness of the luminock especially in green, I mean it is ALOT brighter than the easton tracer nock but what good is it if it won't work properly? The reason I love the green luminock is that I'm blind in one eye and I can see bright green better than any other color even when it comes to sight pins. I haven't tried the firenocks yet but Iv'e heard they are awesome. Are they brighter than the luminocks or the easton tracers? Also do the firenocks come in green or just orange? If the owner of firenocks reads this and firenocks don't come in green could you PLEASE consider making them in green? That green is just awesome in a lighted nock I mean you would have to see it to believe it. It's just so upsetting that the green luminocks are so bright and I can see them 100 yards away but they won't work properly. Sorry I just had to vent, I'm very frustrated.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,391 Posts
I have been thinking of useing them, i was worried about exactly what you are going through, Have you tried making your own? There was a thread on here a while back with instructions...

· Registered
1,391 Posts
I have been thinking of useing them, i was worried about exactly what you are going through, Have you tried making your own? There was a thread on here a while back with instructions...

· State With Little Bucks
12,122 Posts
Serious question from someone who has never even seen a luminock or tracer...

Besides the obvious (it lights up), what's the point? What does it do for you?
Lets you know where you hit the deer or what ever your hunting,finding it after the shot,tuneing your bow you can see it inflight.Just some things.

PS:
make your lighted ones alot cheaper @ $3.08
Oh you can get Green,Red,Amber lights...

· Registered
5,001 Posts
Green... How about a whole rainbow....

I agree.

Hey Dorge, how about some green Firenocks? :darkbeer:
You just have to wait till ATA to see them to believe what I have for you all in 2009. They will all still be no less than 1500 LUX on everyone of them. FYI, tracer is about 100 LUX and Lumenok is about 400-800 LUX, base on battery it got. For the technical side, there is a total of 11 improvement on the new "S" style alone. then we have the "E", "A"

On the crossbow side, the new "F" and "H" should be out by the end of this month. I am going as fast as I possibly can, and I still have a day job (did any one know it is government/public sector audit season now). Not to mention Aerovane is taking up a lot of my time. Aerovane II and III are just awesome... I cannot wait to show you all what I got. there is going to be tons of surprise by this ATA from Firenock LLC. I promise.

· Registered
4,855 Posts
for me all lighted knocks would be a waiste of money,im not blind i can see my arrow sticking in the ground when i have pass thru,just one more thing that will fustrate you if not working properly,keep things simple,to much stuff could go wrong already,dont need one more thing that could fail.

· Registered
5,001 Posts
I agree :)

for me all lighted knocks would be a waiste of money,im not blind i can see my arrow sticking in the ground when i have pass thru,just one more thing that will fustrate you if not working properly,keep things simple,to much stuff could go wrong already,dont need one more thing that could fail.
For someone who never have an arrow that cannot be recovered due to unforsees as most of us do. There is really no reason to have a lighted nock. For the unfortunate souls like myself. I am more than willing to pay real money to know what happen to that arrow that I so perfectly aim at the nice deer at 5 minutes before sun down, 6 years ago. I swear that it was perfectly aimed and released, but for some unknown reason at time it did not encounter the deer which I intended.

If I had a lighted nock, or a lighted nock that works, I would know that a rose vine had caught my vane and throw the arrow about 15 ft off course on that 25 yard shot.:jaw: I would not have waited on the stand for another hour just to be sure the deer was not hit as I was not sure. I would also not be late for dinner and cause another argument with my wife. I would also not spend the next morning not hunting but search for that arrow. A total of 3.5 hours wasted for nothing!

I have to agree that perfect pass through which we all wanted is not all there all the time for all our shots. Besides that, I think a few more other people like myself would want new toys. And did I ever mention Firenocks are cool to have on your arrow when you go shooting. :shade:

· Registered
1,773 Posts
Lets you know where you hit the deer or what ever your hunting,finding it after the shot,tuneing your bow you can see it inflight.Just some things.

PS:
make your lighted ones alot cheaper @ $3.08
Oh you can get Green,Red,Amber lights...
Been there, done that. They suck too.

· Registered
8,159 Posts
=-------FIRENOCK!------->
:nod:Simply the brightest most reliable out there period!:nod:​

· Registered
5,001 Posts
Lighted nock set up

do you have to shoot heaver broadheads when you install lighted knocks?
For most, that would not be the case. BUT the few that like really light weight broad head, like those 85 grain deal. It would be the case. No matter how light I can make Firenock to be, as light as 9 grains added to an arrow or as high as 15 grains in case of "S" style. I would say, try it and you will understand.

If you purchase Firenock, you got 30 days to play with it. if you do not like it, just return it and you loose technically nothing. You will at least got a new toy to play with for 30 days no less. And did I mention, all Firenock comes with a refresh policy too? If that is not good enough for you, then you need find somthing else for not even I can help you. :confused: Detail below:

http://www.firenock.com/Refresh and Upgrade.htm

· Excited Delerium
1,024 Posts
From the description you give about their operation I wonder if they are having problems with making contact with the side of the arrow?

I've not used them before, but I bought a pack of the Luminocks and it looks like the contact between the side of the arrow and the nock is critical. I still havn't put them in an arrow yet.

I bought the lighted nocks to help find my arrows after shooting at Pronghorn. Last year I lost a few arrows after not being able to find them in the alfalfa field. Unfortunately they are illegal in this state, otherwise I'd be using them for Elk hunting too.

· Banned
120 Posts
Archers Flame

I have been using these knocs for years ....I can honestly say I have never had one not work. I am still using the same 3 in my victory arrows from last year.

Plus they are made in the USA and available in a 3 pack for $25.00 plus $2.50 shipping. Cant beat that with a stick.

http://www.archersflame.com/index.html

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.