Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I just stole a bow. Right out the back of a guys tailgate. Been looking for a back up recently to my vector and was looking on Craigslist. This guy bought the Reezen 7.0 when the first came out and preferred his DXT. He kept it in the case and only took it out to wax the string and make sure it was working fine. He got it out to hunt with this year and tore his rotator cuff at work. He had a Cobra pin sight on it, An NAP Apache stab and rest, and a brand new string with 10 came GoldTip Exp. Hunters 7595's with 4 blood runners and four muzzy MX-3's with a new case and release. Want to know how much I bought it all for? $250 bucks!!!! I know the Reezen isn't a new bow or the best bow Mathews came out with by any means, but I honestly got the bow for free considering how much the case, arrows, heads, and release all cost. The only thing I found wrong with it was that I think he has the Apache set too low and it is causing vibration after the shot maybe. I'll paper tune it and get this baby rockin! Will post pictures once I get it all tuned and flingin'!

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Congrats. But its still a mathews =-) great score though.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figured out what was going on with it. I think the guy has his D-loop set too high in addition to the rest being too low. When you stick an arrow through the rest, it rests on the riser shelf which it should never do. It shoots on target, but I think it was sighted it with a bad set-up. I am thinking raise it up a bit when tuning. Any suggestions? Paper tuning is a new thing to me, but I like doing it and it saves a Sh** ton of money doing it yourself. Just want to make sure I do it right!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Wow! Great find! Only thing on my craigslist is a bunch of new crappy bear Bows:)

·
Strictly Public Land
12,304 Posts
Figured out what was going on with it. I think the guy has his D-loop set too high in addition to the rest being too low. When you stick an arrow through the rest, it rests on the riser shelf which it should never do. It shoots on target, but I think it was sighted it with a bad set-up. I am thinking raise it up a bit when tuning. Any suggestions? Paper tuning is a new thing to me, but I like doing it and it saves a Sh** ton of money doing it yourself. Just want to make sure I do it right!
I would overhaul the tune completely... put it in the vise and square it up through the berger holes. Tie a new D loop, re-time the rest.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
A rig like that on Craigslist normally would go for $1200 :wink:
No, thats only for 10+ year old bows. It would be around $1600 and responsible for the new world record archery buck although it was never scored because the hunter doesn't believe in scoring, it was just a nice buck to him.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Did that last year also. Mathews drenalin , case ,Brand new g5 montecs practice and real broadheads and a g5 sharpener, 12 cxl 150 pro arrows, hha optimizer sight carter release. less than 25 shots through it .Decided archery wasn't for him. All for 200 bucks.

·
Registered
14,574 Posts
the average bow in the kansas city craigslist is $200-$300 overpriced. theres a guy selling a 2011 invasion for $1200 right now, bare bow.

·
Banned
15,781 Posts
So this was a guy you already knew, or someone you found on Craigslist?

Honestly, there's a part of me that can't help think that at a price like that, 'stole' might be closer to the truth than you think.

·
Live with passion
7,328 Posts
So this was a guy you already knew, or someone you found on Craigslist?

Honestly, there's a part of me that can't help think that at a price like that, 'stole' might be closer to the truth than you think.
Thinking the same thing.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Might be worth checking out so you don't get a nastier surprise than you might still.

Always heard growing up "if its too good to be true it probably is"

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts