Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Don't Touch The Mustache
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to do it.
Shooting groups and I heard it hit - blew right through the crappy bag target and into my 2x8 boards behind the bag.
Cut the fletchings off, pulled the bag off the arrows and tried holding the arrows while hammering the board off the ends - not happening.
I think the el cheapo $25 yellow/orange bag target at walmart held up way better than this Hurricane bag target I got at bass pro.

Dammit Jim ...

Bad1.jpg Bad2.jpg

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Unscrew the arrows from the points next time...:wink:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have heard that those Hurricane bags are worthless. I use a Morrel Target and it grabs arrows even though the cover is weathered and needs replacing.

I bought a McKenzie ShotBlocker for fieldpoints and BHs and it has held up surprisingly well. I think Dicks sells them for like $30.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you can't unscrew the points, use two flat blade screwdrivers and carefully pound horizontally into the wood on each side of the arrow to take some of the pressure off - we do it all of the time at the archery club to get arrows out of the wood. You might need an arrow puller to help. Just be careful you don[t pound the screwdriver blade into the arrow shaft.

Ross

1 - 9 of 9 Posts