Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it wI'll be time consuming but I'm hoping someone will give me a step by step tuturial on how to change my strings and cables on my mathews wake or give me a link., I have a ez press and bought strings from mathews

·
Hunter of many things
12,155 Posts
You tube will have plenty of info and tutorials, its not that hard to do. John dudley has a whole series on setting up a new bow. Its a Hoyt but you get the idea.
1. Take pics of bow before hand (all the routing of the string and cables)
2. Press bow
3. Remove cable, replace it with the new one
4. Remove other cable (if you have one) replace it with the new one
5. Remove string, replace it with the new one
Its pretty basic, just dont twist or untwist any of them from how they came.

After that, you can Install D-loop, rest, peep and silencers if you want any.
Start shooting and tuning!!! Good luck

·
Registered
217 Posts
You tube will have plenty of info and tutorials, its not that hard to do. John dudley has a whole series on setting up a new bow. Its a Hoyt but you get the idea.
1. Take pics of bow before hand (all the routing of the string and cables)
2. Press bow
3. Remove cable, replace it with the new one
4. Remove other cable (if you have one) replace it with the new one
5. Remove string, replace it with the new one
Its pretty basic, just dont twist or untwist any of them from how they came.

After that, you can Install D-loop, rest, peep and silencers if you want any.
Start shooting and tuning!!! Good luck
Mostly this... but before installing any hardware.... make sure your bow is in spec after the install.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
612 Posts
before you take the old string off measure speed nock (assuming new string they are not installed), peep, dloop and location of anything else. I measure from where string meets top cam. Then put them back on in same spot.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Before you remove the old string make sure to take pictures or draw diagrams of the routing of each string and cable. Again before removing the strings mark your cams where they cross your limbs on both sides. Sharpie works good. Now replace one string or cable at a time and realign the marks on the cams then go to the next cable. This way you should know which cable to adjust, its the one you just put on.
If you change them all and then try to figure out where to adjust to retune its a lot harder for the inexperienced string changer.
Most of the time custom strings are better than factory replacements.

·
Registered
6,192 Posts
I kow some guys change them by tapping the axles out while pressed. I wasn't comfortable with that so I just tore the bow down. Once you have it apart you'll obviously have to replace the AVS cables first. Once you have those on,re-install cams and the other stuff is cake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts