Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is probably a simple solution to my problem, I just dont know what it is, yet.

Problem: at 10 yards my arrows hit about 10" to the right of where my 20 and 30 yard arrows hit. 20 and 30 yards impact consistantly but I do notice a whiplashing of the arrow.

My set-up: G2SL, 31.5" draw, 62#, 29" Cabelas stalker extreme 65/80 with 4" feathers (same as Easton 340), 100 or 75 grain point (same results with either), Muzzy ZE rest, tru caliper release, Timberline no peep (no torque:wink: ).

·
Registered
33,384 Posts
I could be wrong but I would start with making sure my arrows were not hitting cable riser, or shelf. then check your center shot if nothing is hitting the center shot has to be off arrow spine would not have that big of effect that close

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My center shot does look a little far right (viewed from string looking toward riser) but only a little and when I tried to adjust it the other way it got worse. I dont think my arrows are hitting anything. Whats the best way to tell?

·
Registered
22 Posts
is it just your 10yrd pin that is giving you the problem? i had a friend that had similar and when he set his sights up the pin was set to far out i believe he said and the other two were fine , he pulled the pin back a few turns and it corrected the problem..

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where do you think the whiplashing effect is coming from? I dont think my arrow is hitting anything on my bow but how do I tell?

·
Primum Non Nocere
6,439 Posts
You need to go to Wal-Mart and get some spray on foot powder and spray the last third of the arrow shaft and shoot it and then check the arrow to see if any of the spray rubbed off and also inspect the bow closely to see if there is any residue on the rest, riser, or cables, or anywhere you think it could hit. Reset your center shot and level the arrow and start fresh and see what you get then. It just sounds as if the rest is not set in the center completely. As far the foot spray you can get the generic or the Gold Bonds your choice. I use the generic and it leaves a prety good coating on the arrow and wipes right off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Arrow rest

I will start checking my Arrow rest, I think it needs to be moved a little to the rigth... Try the paper test...

I forgot to ask you if you are LH or RH and what is your dominator eye ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts