Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why cant they make a 33 inch 6"bh 355 ibo bow? There is zero reason they cant engineer that bow. I would like to know the argument against them releasing a bow with those specs.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
This years bow of the year the Sr6 is very close to those specs.
Not really. Its a game of inches and it makes a big difference in speed. Plus the SR6 only rates 352 (which is slightly inflated) in the performance setting, which is a harsher draw cycle. And it isn't all that great across longer draw lengths either. It's all a trade off. I'm sure they can build what you want spec wise, but I don't think the majority of hunters would like the draw cycle at all.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Elite's marketing has always been shootability and nice draw cycles. They've never been big on chasing speed. They've done a great job keeping with that theme over the years. Hard to see them changing that.

·
Registered
11,788 Posts
Nitrum turbo was about what you ask for, I had one, loved it but shoot a longer bow better. 35” or so. I can’t shoot any elite well, I like a 75% let off the best and I don’t like a super solid back wall. But that’s personal preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Elite's marketing has always been shootability and nice draw cycles. They've never been big on chasing speed. They've done a great job keeping with that theme over the years. Hard to see them changing that.
^^^ exactly. Bows like the Hunter & Answer & Synergy. Smooth easy shooting bows

·
Grumpy Old Man
26,816 Posts
This......^
Elite has a company philosophy and they design and build their bows to that standard.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
Get an Option 6. It'll kill anything you want to kill.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
This......^
Elite has a company philosophy and they design and build their bows to that standard.
The issue is that you have other manufacturers producing bows that are on par with elite feel yet beat them with performance.

However I will add a caveat to that. For the most part Elites meet the ratings. You cant say they same about a lot of other companies.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm guessing that they just don't inflate their numbers. Or as much as some companies have been.
To me, I don't think bows have gotten faster in the past few years, it's that more companies are further pushing the boundaries of dishonesty in marketing.
Because people now realize the value of SMOOTH, but they still expect something that they are dropping $1k+ on is at least FASTER than the bow they paid $600 for 10 yrs ago.....

AFAIK, there is no tolerance to the IBO standard. Does it even specify you have to test at 30"? I know that's the assumption, but I can't seem to find this in writing anywhere. All I can find is 5 gpp, and allow up to 2 lbs scale weight OR is it 3 gn arrow weight? Also, I think there's a 3% fps tolerance for chrono error on speed. That's alot, when we are talking 350 fps bows (>10 fps).
What I think you are looking for is a 355 fps ATA bow.

·
Registered
24,758 Posts
This years bow of the year the Sr6 is very close to those specs.
Different cam systems

You will be hard pressed to see a two track cam system ever legitimately do 355 IBO

The Impulse 31 was an overachiever with real world speeds closer to 346-347 range

·
Registered
Elite Gt500, Elite Envy, Reign 6
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Different cam systems

You will be hard pressed to see a two track cam system ever legitimately do 355 IBO

The Impulse 31 was an overachiever with real world speeds closer to 346-347 range

Elite needs to come out with a different cam system. I think its time.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts