Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far my archery season has been off to a truely fantastic start, better than ever! I have harvested a 4 pointer, and a good size doe, and yesterday I tagged yet another doe for the freezer. She came in slowly and I waited patiently for the right shot. There was a bigger deer with her, but a quick glance through the bino's confirmed it was indeed a button buck.....huge body for a button in this area...I had to triple check because I didn't believe my eyes. After watching the deer for about 10 minutes, she finally presented me with a perfect broadside shot about 5 yards away, I aimed for my exit, low behind the shoulder and let it fly! THWACK! As she jumps up I see blood gushing out the side....she does the 50 yard dash and I see her start doing the telltale helicopter tailspin.....and she goes rump over head and she's done! What a rush....what a feeling....there is nothing like making those perfect shots and watching them go down within sight.

So far this season....of the 3 deer I've harvested.....all have expired well within 50 yards. Slick Tricks just plain ROCK! And they are EASY to sharpen! lol!

·
Registered
987 Posts
good job Ben........jeez man i still gotta wait till the MA opener!!... heck with all these deer your getting i think we should put a stick bow in your hand soon!!! :)

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jgbennett6 said:
good job Ben........jeez man i still gotta wait till the MA opener!!... heck with all these deer your getting i think we should put a stick bow in your hand soon!!! :)

Thanks... =)

Taking a deer with traditional equipment is on my list of things to do in the near future. But for now, my Allegiance has been shooting pretty darn straight!

·
Registered
987 Posts
hey .just how big is your freezer?..haah...well i'm gonna go look for rubs around here this weekend......aparantly, my town is overrun with deer...whenever your ready to try a stickbow, you let me know;)..

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Nice!

Good job Ben! Slick Tricks are great...
I feel the same way about the Rocky Mnt. Turbo!
...I've only been out 3 times this year and I lost one doe:mad: ....
Hopefully this post will rub some good luck on me:) !
I'll be hitting the woods all day tomorrow.....
Chris

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Deerman1 said:
Great job Ben. Now when the big boy walks by you will as cool as a cucumber:wink: :wink: :wink:

Kolin

Thanks Man!

I've been working hard at controlling those emotions that flow just before the moment of truth. I still get that rush of adrenaline every time, and I still get nervous, but I am learning to calm myself down, and most importantly, be patient and wait for the right shot, and take my time both aiming and executing the shot.

I honestly see a lot of similarities in making a shot on a deer, and keeping that last arrow of a 300 round in the white. It all comes down to concentrating on hitting your mark, and just following through with it.

Thanks everyone! Man I just love Bowhunting!

Ben

1 - 9 of 9 Posts