Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years I never missed a 3d shoot on Sunday. Nothing would keep me away from a shoot. I would drive home from a shoot and shoot at home after 4 or 5 hour drive. I started to shoot a indoor a couple years ago. That was fun also. Now I haven't shot since June. My family is getting older which takes more time. I am the president of the local little league. My boys are big into ball. We now attend church on Sunday. I have had to put these things ahead of archery. I still get out in the yard once in awhile.
Now I can't wait for indoor to start. Never thought that would happen. I seem to be able to make a little more time for that. I don't regret it , I just miss it. I think the choice To give up a little bit of archery will pay off in the grand scheme of life. Man, I still think about shooting all the time. Just thought I might ramble about it for a while to you guys instead of my wife.
Have a great day:D

·
Occam's Razor
8,342 Posts
Family before all things...........

If it helps any, you're not alone........:rolleyes:

I have three children, 8 years between 1 & 2, and only 16 months or so between 2 & 3.....Seems it's have been continuous baseball, scouts, school activities, basketball, for a long time, Oh, did I forget work, ...........Finally the last two are car driving teenagers, and "hard" to know where they are from day to day.......Just have gotten "back into" archery last year with any degree of activity, only had time for the "clay" targets up 'till now............. :D

You are so right, the grander scheme of things are a tad more important..............;) .......................ck

·
Registered
450 Posts
i feel for you buddy, and know where you're cummin' from.......

i started back into archery last year after about 19 yrs of raising kids, coaching and organizing soccer, little league, cubscout den leader,traveling basketball chauffer, 4-h woodwork leader,and pit crew for 9 years of kart racing. the kids both done growed up and one even shoots spots with me. it sure feels good to be able to plan a shoot weekend!! but i tell ya what, i wouldn't have missed for the world.

your time will return........

·
Occam's Razor
8,342 Posts
Buckchaser said:
From some of the historical post I have been reading, you might not be totally sure of how many kids there Clay: :)
Three, that's my story and I'm sticking to it...........:rolleyes: .....ck

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Don't feel alone

My oldest is almost seventeen, helped him with a car this year. The youngest is eight and just started judo. Plus I run the archery section at the gun store where I work. It seems like I need 26 hours in a day to get every thing done that I need to get done. On top of every thing else I have a hard time getting to shoot with my friends( good guys but I'am the the fifth wheel) It's lonely at the top, I'am just not sure I'am at the top!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
skipw

Sounds to me like you got it all together. Plenty of time left to shoot these bows. You'll wake up one morning and wonder why its so calm around the house. My shootin buddy is 18 and not much time for the old man now. WR

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Buckchaser
From some of the historical post I have been reading, you might not be totally sure of how many kids there Clay:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He.. He.. Ho.. Ho.. Haw.. Haw... thats a good one Buckchaser:D
I can't be totaly sure???.... but this one of mine looks a little like ck:eek: And thats my story. DUBBYA ARE

·
Registered
5 Posts
SkipW, it sounds to me like you've got some important priorities straight! Although I'm still a newbie, and when my bow is in my hands I'm like a kid on Christmas morning, and I just can't shoot enough, there are other things that are just as, if not more, important that cannot be overlooked. I noticed in your post that you (and hopefully your family) are attending church on Sundays now, and I feel that's the most important priority of them all. Without God we have nothing and are nothing. And as a teacher I know first-hand how extremely important it is for parents (especially fathers) to be involved in their kids lives. Even though it may take time away from what we want to do now(like shoot our bows in the backyard), it will pay off in the future. :D

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I agree with you 100 % ----You know the old saying #1--God #2--Family #3---Job----Sometimes I wonder if Archery should be number #3:D

·
Occam's Razor
8,342 Posts
Re: skipw

[/Quote]He.. He.. Ho.. Ho.. Haw.. Haw... thats a good one Buckchaser:D
I can't be totaly sure???.... but this one of mine looks a little like ck:eek: And thats my story. DUBBYA ARE [/B][/QUOTE]

Let's see ,last time I was in the great state of Missouri was about 1984...........wow, could it be........:D ..........nope, three, I'm still sticking with the original story.....:rolleyes: ................ck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts