Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much anticipation, I took the plunge and bought a set of Muddy climbing sticks today only to find this on the side of the box......."Made in China"

With the current economic situation here in the USA, I just can't support that and will be returning these to the store.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Good for you! I'd do the same thing.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Seems like most treestand companies don't even make a product , they just come up with a name , design a product on paper and outsource to China .

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Lone Wolf sticks are better anyway.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
If Muddy made it's stuff in the USA, I would buy it in a heart beat. However, it I think I'll have to go with Lone Wolf...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was looking at the Muddy's also, because I really liked the rope clamping. I ended up getting the Lonewolf's because made in the USA. Excellent product by the way. If a company wants my money and wants to make there "crap" in china, then it better be less than half the price of a similar US made product.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well, count me in as well with the lone wolf sticks then. I have been debating the muddy vs. Lw sticks....... Thus just made my mind up for me.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Lone Wolf is the ONLY stand company which manufactures in the U.S. to my knowledge. They make an awesome product, and have my personal business exclusively.

andy

·
Leggo My Eggo
3,913 Posts
I love my Muddy sticks no matter where they're made. It amazes me the people that complain about non-US made products but if you went through their property you'd find more overseas products than US products :darkbeer:

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
On the web sight says they are in Wisconsin it looked to be, just figured it being a small company and al it was built there as well You are right it doesnt say it is, but it doesnt say they are not as well. Just took for granted they were a small ma&pop Stand company with USA roots.

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts
On the web sight says they are in Wisconsin it looked to be, just figured it being a small company and al it was built there as well You are right it doesnt say it is, but it doesnt say they are not as well. Just took for granted they were a small ma&pop Stand company with USA roots.
I'll put money on it that they are not manufactured here in the US. The Muddy company is out of Iowa, Lone Wolf is out of Illinois even when they were manufactured overseas.. That really doesnt tell you much as to where their products are manufactured, and I would think if they were made here, their website would list it pretty visibly. I heard that the leverage sticks are manufactured by gorilla, but I dont know that for sure...

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
I'll put money on it that they are not manufactured here in the US. The Muddy company is out of Iowa, Lone Wolf is out of Illinois even when they were manufactured overseas.. That really doesnt tell you much as to where their products are manufactured, and I would think if they were made here, their website would list it pretty visibly. I heard that the leverage sticks are manufactured by gorilla, but I dont know that for sure...
Well I dont know for sure and you may be 100% correct. I have inquired with Scottie on here cause he sales them on AT. Hope he can find out for me.

·
Aim Small, Miss Small
5,589 Posts
Well I dont know for sure and you may be 100% correct. I have inquired with Scottie on here cause he sales them on AT. Hope he can find out for me.
Sounds good..let us know if you find out anything for sure!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts