Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bowtech admiral 2010 that I have set up with the qad pro hd and when I draw the arrow back it floats in the reast as I am drawing back. I have to put upward pressure on the D loop to keep the arrow from floating at full draw. I know it has something to to with the D loop because it did not do this when I was using a knock. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
i have a 2009 admiral with the QAD pro series, also shoot a string loop....mine did the same until i removed the brass knock that my bow shop guy convinced me to try just under the top not on the loop. groups were good and tight, but that floating got on my nerves. Dale is right....loosen the loop a little and it will go away.

happy shootin.....hope that admiral performs for you as well as mine does for me. :smile:

·
I Got Serious!
3,329 Posts
Open your loop some and than tie some serving just above the bottom knot inside the loop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the fast help. I tied in two knoks before I put on the D loop. I think I will remove the bottom knock and see how it does.

I have been out of the bow bus. for about 8 years and just now starting to get back into it. Things have really changed from when I used to shoot. I love the admiral so far. can you say ROBINHOOD

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
How tight are your nocks on the string? Once snapped on they should rotate with very little pressure. Do you have any tied in nock points inside your loop? If your nocks are tight at all and your loop puts any pressure on them, you could definitely see the problem you are seeing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts