Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you guys and girls take a measurement for me??

Target shooters and hunters alike, I would like the distance from the CENTER OF YOUR NOCK TO THE CENTER OF YOUR PEEP while the bow is at rest.

Also include your bow make please!

Thanks people!

·
Banned
3,965 Posts
5 1/2 PSE X-Force HF6

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
5.25" at rest, 3.75" at full draw Mathews Prestige, Mathews Apex 7, Mathews FX, Mathews Q2XL
Wait.. how could it be different when you draw your bow? Maybe I'm losing it but your comment is perplexing to me.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
08 Guardian, 28.5" draw, 70lb. draw weight, 33-5/8" ata, and center of peep to center of nock is----> 5-3/4" while at rest.

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
Wait.. how could it be different when you draw your bow? Maybe I'm losing it but your comment is perplexing to me.
The vertical distance changes because the string is angled and thus bringing it closer to the center of the nocking point. (make sense?)

Here is a quick rough sketch of what I am talking about you will see the two vertical distances and how they changed. Just using some rough numbers to give a general idea. The distance shown on the string at rest is to the center of the peep.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
The vertical distance changes because the string is angled and thus bringing it closer to the center of the nocking point. (make sense?)
OK, they are still the same actual distance apart, but if you drew an imaginary line over from the peep it would be 3.75" above the knock. Got ya.

·
No Hype, Just Hunt
12,419 Posts
Yep I went back and added a picture to help illustrate that.

·
Alien Mafia Member
3,765 Posts
5 1/4'' Hoyt Razertec
5 1/2'' Parker Trailblazer

Kev

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
If you are doing what I think you are then just create a device to measure from the corner of your mouth to the center of your eye. Use the above calulations (or write a program) to enter this in to a full draw mode and convert to "at rest". The bow chart or table only needs to know what the angle of the string is for each bow. Then you should be able to setup a bow perfect for each user without them being there.

·
Registered
10,964 Posts
6.75"s on my Bowtech Admiral

1 - 20 of 43 Posts