Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a new screw for my target sight that will allow me to loosen it without the need for tools. What would be ideal is either a knob or thumb screw with shoulder.

The screw I have now is a 6/32, 5/8" machine screw with a hex head. Does anyone know where I can go to either get two or have them made? I've tried Lowes, Home Despot, and the local Nut and Bolt shop. All a bust. I know a machinist, but I'm never sure of when I'm going to run into him...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Not sure what you're looking for but try "McMaster Carr", an industrial supplier. They have an amazing catalog that will keep you busy for DAYS! They carry just about every type of screw or knob available, metric or standard.
Good Luck!
cp

·
Bowhemian
8,300 Posts
I need a new screw for my target sight that will allow me to loosen it without the need for tools. What would be ideal is either a knob or thumb screw with shoulder.

The screw I have now is a 6/32, 5/8" machine screw with a hex head. Does anyone know where I can go to either get two or have them made? I've tried Lowes, Home Despot, and the local Nut and Bolt shop. All a bust. I know a machinist, but I'm never sure of when I'm going to run into him...
You didn't mention the brand, but have you tried to contact the maker?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sight is an old Chek-It and from what I understand, they have been out of business for a couple of years. Sorry, I should have added that to my original post.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure what you're looking for but try "McMaster Carr", an industrial supplier. They have an amazing catalog that will keep you busy for DAYS! They carry just about every type of screw or knob available, metric or standard.
Good Luck!
cp
So, I googled "McMaster Carr"... HOLY CRAP.:eek: That's a huge repository of stuff!! Looks like that have what I need too. too bad I have to order 25 or the stupid things. :tongue:

Thanks, Sarasota!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts