Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've owned an 82nd, you may have had an issue with the string stop. Mine is shooting at about 340fps, 73lb and 29", draw) so I am not too surprised that this is happening. I'm just disappointed that my fixes have not been very effective. About three years ago, I got the Paradigm CTS direct mount, but the rubber piece is not effective and goes flying off about every other shot. I've tried attaching it with high end adhesives (like Goat Tuff) but with no luck. However, I really like the CTS concept, It seems like a really cool idea. I have considered, but not tried the Fuse Stealthshot.

Let me know what you suggest.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks like exactly the same rubber piece that is on the CTS. I'm hesitant to get another one of those.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Bryce....If your bumper is flying off it's due to the string by-passing the bumper during it's forward travel and then pulling the bumper off as it returns back to brace height, this is why it "flys" off and not just works off slowly...it's very common if the string is not hitting the bumper in the center of the bumper during the shot, how things line up a brace height usually means very little.

If you have the small bumper you should get the larger bumper, this will usually fix the problem, it gives the string a much bigger target area to strike and it's much harder to by-pass...if you have the larger bumper and have the unit mounted without the offset bracket you will need to use the bracket and center things (dynamically) until you don't have this problem. It's a very simple fix.

Hope this helps. :)

Joe

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
THanks Joe. I have the small bumper. I will get a large bumper ASAP. Any suggestions on where to get one? I'll try getting a hold of Paradigm

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Contact BowJax, they can help you with the larger bumper.

If you go with the larger bumper you may need to trim your rod down 1/8 " to compensate for the added length of the larger bumper as well.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
BowRattler ...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will do.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Again. Thank you. I'll be ordering an SOS from you guys soon. Top notch company.

·
Marty in Badgerland
5,292 Posts
I just got one of coach bernies HD string stops. So far I am really happy with it. It is 9.6 oz so it helps balance out my bow. My groups have shrunk since adding it, and it is much quieter than the stock one was.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts