Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a pile of pics on my Wildview game cam, see my other posts and you'll see what I'm getting. The pics are great but I need to get a cam with a time/date stamp. I'm getting 50 to 100 pics an evening/night but have no idea when they are coming through. I went and got the cam this morning about 7:30AM and it took a pic of me, it was light out but the background was as dark as all of the deer pics from the night before.

I recently bought a Moultrie digi from Wal-Mart but after getting it home, playing with it a little bit and then finding out it wasn't compatible with Windows 98SE I took it back.

I've been looking at the basic Stealth cam in Cabelas and Bass Pro for $199.00, but if I'm going to spend 200 bucks I guess I want to know if it is decent. I found a few Stealths on ebay for $169.00 plus shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stealth-Cam-STC...177159147QQcategoryZ52505QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

All I really want is a nice cam that HAS time/date stamping. Pic quality is not top on my list. I'm happy with the pics I'm seeing of my deer with the Wildview .03 megapixel cam so my only real request out of a cam is a time/date stamp. What's a good cheaper one? Not the Moultrie cause I already had it and didn't like it's features very well.

Clint

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Go with a Leaf River or build your own with a P32 or P41. Being that it's hunting season, I'd imagine you may not want to get involved with building right now, hence the LR recommendation! ;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Go to Wal-Mart sporting goods section and get a Moultree for $98.00. The unit takes good pictures and stamps the time and date on it. You can put a SD card in it and take a couple of hundred pictures, take the card out download into your computer and put the card back in place.

Greg :D

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't really have the time or know how to build one. So I found what I thought was a good deal on ebay on this cam a Stealth Cam DIGRC-X 1.3 Mpixel Digital Scouting Camera. I did some studying on it and it seems like a nice cam. I got it for $125.00 with shipping. I think it is going to work great for me. The guy shipped it already and I should have it in the woods by tomorrow or Friday at the latest.

Clint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts