Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
huntowen1
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently found a pair of used Leica Duovid 8+12x42 binoculars and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise as to whether or not that model is a good model and what the approximate value should be in like new condition.

Thanks,
chris

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Anything made by Leica will be high quality glass. The duovids retail around $1800-2000. I have never looked through the duo's but I have looked through quite a few of their other bino's and they were all excellent.

·
Registered
656 Posts
They are the ONLY pair of "zoom" binoculars that I've looked though that I would consider high quality and worth the money for the zoom function. With the exception of the Douvids, I would stay away from multi power binos. I used to work in the optics dept of a major sporting goods retailer, so I have seen pretty much all of them.

·
huntowen1
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I really like the idea of being able to zoom up from time to time when trying to size up a rack. I think that the pair that I have found can be bought for about $900 but I'm really not sure if that is a fair price for 5 year old binoculars with no transferable warranty.

·
Registered
949 Posts
900 is stupid fair for those. If you dont want them pm me info. They are just as good as the single power leica. Only thing id rather have is with a laser.

·
huntowen1
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I bought them and took them out this evening and set them to my eyes and they are awesome.

Thanks,
chris

·
Registered
268 Posts
I had a pair they were great glasses just a tad bit heavier than the 10x42's I have now.You have a great glass for a steal of a price.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You got a smokin' deal. Leica is as good as any. The ONLY drawback to the duovid (or any variable) is the field of view is slightly reduced at a given power. Just a small trade off. Glad you are happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts