Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a compound bow and I need to know what type of grip is prefered by most. Is it a narrow throat wood grip or straight off the riser with sideplates? You Bowtech & Mathews guys are going to love this bow. I will post a picture and all the specs in a week. Oh by the way, it has a 29" riser.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I like narrow...off the riser like the Hoyts, Martins, and Merlins.

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
i can ONLY shoot a new 2003 Hoyt Protec grip. Less grip the better. you could stick a piece of Scotch Tape on my grip and I'd torque my shot into the next lane...:eek:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
29" riser - this thing's gonna be a beauty. If it's 34" ATA it's going to take parallel limbs to a new dimension, if it's longer then I suspect it'll be a killer spot bow...

S

·
0 Posts
I really like the merlin grip the best even though I don't shoot the bow, I think it has the best grip. Next in line would be the Cougar III, Scepter III and all Hoyts. The wooden Mathews grips are ones I definately do not care for.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My ultratec's grip is awesome. I think its the added support of the thumb contour. The ridge rests just in the right spot.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Here's a vote for the Hoyt RazorTech grip - very narrow. I lkike it much better than the Mathews (LX, SQ2) and Browning (Ambush) grips. It just fits my smaller-sized hand better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts