Archery Talk Forum banner

i need help:elite or hoyt

2711 31
i have always been an avid hoyt man, but recently i have been attracted to elite. i had a gto but fell on hard times and had to part with it, i killed my first archery deer with it. i was wondering about the durability of the elites, i know first hand of the hoyts durability.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
6,815 Posts
elites are a great bow with good technology and seem to be pretty durable, but hoyt has been in the industry for many years now as elite has only been here for a few....hoyt has proven themselves to be a dominant leader in technology and durability and continue to stack up wins in all aspects of the archery world...i would shoot them both and decide for yourself!

· Registered
2,359 Posts
Both are great bows....I had a Katera with my name on it, but switched to an Elite GT500 and I'm very happy with my choice. If I didn't have an Elite, I would be shooting the Hoyt. I suggest trying both to see how they feel to you...Only you will be able to tell which one you like better. As far as toughness goes, I would say the Elite stacks up to the Hoyt, but that's JMHO.

G

·
I have the z28. I love it! But Hoyt makes great bows. I believe Elite is 5 years away from being a top brand like Hoyt. If you want the future of bows go with a z28. Best hunting rig there is IMO.:teeth:

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
I have the z28. I love it! But Hoyt makes great bows. I believe Elite is 5 years away from being a top brand like Hoyt. If you want the future of bows go with a z28. Best hunting rig there is IMO.:teeth:
Elite's finish and attention to detail is great, string/cables eh, most seem to replace them.

Hoyt, what can you say its a freak'n Hoyt, i mean where else can you get a bow/pry bar in one tool.

O and Elite is FAR from being a player like Hoyt, sorry but them wins/records dont just happen over night. Besides Hoyt has more target bow offerings than Elite has in its entire lineup.

Bottom line, which ever you shoot the best and have confidence in will be your best bow, it doesnt really matter what name is on the limbs/riser.

· Banned
401 Posts
Elite's finish and attention to detail is great, string/cables eh, most seem to replace them.

Hoyt, what can you say its a freak'n Hoyt, i mean where else can you get a bow/pry bar in one tool.

O and Elite is FAR from being a player like Hoyt, sorry but them wins/records dont just happen over night. Besides Hoyt has more target bow offerings than Elite has in its entire lineup.

Bottom line, which ever you shoot the best and have confidence in will be your best bow, it doesnt really matter what name is on the limbs/riser.
It's not the bows making the wins/records, its the shooters...And the shooters follow the money.... plain and simple.

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
It's not the bows making the wins/records, its the shooters...And the shooters follow the money.... plain and simple.
The shooters get paid to win, the shooters want the best chances to win to get paid.

The shooters "choose" the best ways for them to win the most.

It aint just the shooters, its "a little" bow too, (doesnt hurt hoyt has to $ to pay good either)

G

·
The shooters get paid to win, the shooters want the best chances to win to get paid.

The shooters "choose" the best ways for them to win the most.

It aint just the shooters.
So if you put a Hoyt in the hands of an ametuer he would all of a sudden be great?:confused: Dont think so. Its just the brand the winner happens to shoot and alot of them shoot Hoyt. I bet the same person would win with a Parker!:laugh:

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts
So if you put a Hoyt in the hands of an ametuer he would all of a sudden be great?:confused: Dont think so. Its just the brand the winner happens to shoot and alot of them shoot Hoyt. I bet the same person would win with a Parker!:laugh:
i fell for a thread hijack, my bad im sorry to the OP

Elite is the best, forget about hoyt they are junk, there are you guys happy

· Registered
6,288 Posts
The Elites are some tough bows, and they are already as popular as Hoyt in educated archery circles (such as AT). It only takes the right advertising to make them popular with hunters as well, and as long as the bow lives up to the hype, they will be right there with Hoyt in 5 years.

To me, the Elite is a better bow in every single aspect (GT500) except for they haven't been around as long, but I like that they're small. I shot the AM32 and wasn't impressed at all (for the price tag anyway, I was expecting some much more). If it had shot just like the Elite, I would have bought it.

· Registered
3,720 Posts
I have one of each. Both are darn great bows.

Both have great limbs, grips, finish
Both have average stock strings that I would replace
Hoyt has a better overall selection and LH bows are an option for all models
Hoyt customer service seems more reliable as far as parts and availability(ask just about any dealer).
Both lie about their IBO speeds. Hoyt is always higher than IBO specs. Elite is way way way under IBO specs.
Hoyt is, has and always will be around. Elite has seen many transitions that continue to evolve in unknown directions.

Basically, they are both great. You shouldn't need service with either one but if you do, Elite may be a crap shoot in the future. You really can't go wrong with either but if I was to put it on a balance I would go with Hoyt.

· Registered
2,486 Posts

Hoyt customer service seems more reliable as far as parts and availability(ask just about any dealer).
Both lie about their IBO speeds. Hoyt is always higher than IBO specs. Elite is way way way under IBO specs.Hoyt is, has and always will be around. Elite has seen many transitions that continue to evolve in unknown directions.

Basically, they are both great. You shouldn't need service with either one but if you do, Elite may be a crap shoot in the future. You really can't go wrong with either but if I was to put it on a balance I would go with Hoyt.

+ 1 on the speed. When i bought my katera it was between it and the GT500. both bows shot and fealt great but i didnt like that the Elite shot slower then the Hoyt. Even though its suposed to be 15 fps faster. At 29 inches and 70lbs with a 350 grain arrow the hoyt shot 322 (thats over ibo).. The elite at the same specs only shot 326 (thats about 10fps under ibo)... Thats what really turned me off on Elite.

· Registered
1,140 Posts

Both lie about their IBO speeds. Hoyt is always higher than IBO specs. Elite is way way way under IBO specs.
Hoyt is, has and always will be around. Elite has seen many transitions that continue to evolve in unknown directions.

As an owner of both, I totally agree with everything in your post.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.