Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a used E35 and took strings/cables off to replace with new ones. When I checked the cams, they did not rotate on the axle easily. Seemed tight. These are snow camo limbs so I was wondering if the coating is making the shims tighter than normal and as a result, the cams do not rotate easily. On other bows, you can flick the cam with your finger and it free wheels around the axle. Not so with this bow. Is that normal? I'm kinda worried about it and was going to lightly sand the thicker shim a little to see if that would help the cam rotate more easily. I need help from E35 guru's!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
It's normal. Mine are the same.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
The cams should turn smoothly with a very minimal amount of pressure. If they spin freely around the axle like a merry-go-round...the cable side shim is more than likely to thin and the cam will probably have unwanted side to side movement. If to tight it is going go feel gritty. If the cams were to tight, the e-clips would have not gone on a seated in the grooves on the axle. The size shims needed are not always the size that is made. Every limb tip varies very slightly, so you may have to take a thicker shim and run it across a piece of sand paper to get the desired fitment. If cams are shimmed where there is no side to side movement and you can get the e-clips installed properly you should not notice any difference in speed

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cams should turn smoothly with a very minimal amount of pressure. If they spin freely around the axle like a merry-go-round...the cable side shim is more than likely to thin and the cam will probably have unwanted side to side movement. If to tight it is going go feel gritty. If the cams were to tight, the e-clips would have not gone on a seated in the grooves on the axle. The size shims needed are not always the size that is made. Every limb tip varies very slightly, so you may have to take a thicker shim and run it across a piece of sand paper to get the desired fitment. If cams are shimmed where there is no side to side movement and you can get the e-clips installed properly you should not notice any difference in speed
Great explaination! Now that makes sense. Thank you so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts