Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the coyotes in my area are getting bold and far too numerous. i recently shot one at noon within 60 yards of my house, and now i cannot find my cat. im looking for any help or advice so i can take to the woods and decimate the coyote population, and kill as many of the *******s as i can. in fact if i could id kill every coyote in this state. any advice or tips for trapping, shooting or any other way of killing coyotes will be appreciated. i want them all dead.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
ar-15, dog food laced with anti-freeze, game bred pits let loose any time you see one! just my advice, i'm sure "better, less effective methods will follow. so here ya go.....

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
In Michigan coyote season happen to coincide with our deer season. I come across many hunters in ghillie suits well hidden with AR15's sniping coyotes while I am bow hunting. Its a blast to sit and watch them wasting those mangy critters. I even down a few with my bow just for ****s and giggles. Bait them if you can and get your self a AR15, then have yourself a turkey shoot er.. coyote shoot.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Where are you located?
I would LOVE to come help you with your problem

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, so poisoning? my intention is to rid this county of its infestation. then i will move on. im so fricken pissed about my cat, i would kill every coyote in the world right now.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i already have a semi auto 30-06. i plan on letting her bark. plus i have a 3 1/2 12er with 5 rounds of heavyshot that wants to be unleashed. probelm is ive never hunted a coyote. ive kille dabout 10, but mostly by pure luck. like the most recent one, i saw him coming and ambushed him

·
Registered
15,108 Posts
Snares are your best bet, along with a varmint rifle at your side, or handy, every time you go out. Had the same problem here. Yotes were on my porch nabbin cats regularly. Try calling as well, but read about how to do it instead of just buying calls and headin out. Believe me, get enough dead ones laying around and they get the message.

·
Registered
15,108 Posts
Oh yea, if they are regulars nabbin cats, the cat nip call by Primos will work well your first times out. Make it count.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
ok, so poisoning? my intention is to rid this county of its infestation. then i will move on. im so fricken pissed about my cat, i would kill every coyote in the world right now.
You may want to check your local laws. Poisoning is illegal in some areas, and poisoning has just as much chance of killing your cat as a coyote. Your neighbor's pkc registered **** hound happens to eat that laced hot dog and they find out it is you, you can legally be on the tab for several thousand to replace the dog and pay damages for lost stud/litter fees.

Following whatever game laws are in your area just go out and shoot them or trap them legally.

·
Registered
539 Posts
ive personaly never traped them but ive heard alot of people tying live chickens to the back of the trap.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i understand your concern, but the legal way hasnt got much done around here recently. i wouldnt want to poison a dog so i understand your point. i know for certain their is a pack of 12 here. i want 11 of them hanging by the end of this year, and the one can go tell all his buddies that im here to kick some @ss on them. i cant take them anymore. they keep me up at night, worried about my cat, and now that she hasnt come home in 3 days, im gettin real mean.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
well i understand your concern, but the legal way hasnt got much done around here recently. i wouldnt want to poison a dog so i understand your point. i know for certain their is a pack of 12 here. i want 11 of them hanging by the end of this year, and the one can go tell all his buddies that im here to kick some @ss on them. i cant take them anymore. they keep me up at night, worried about my cat, and now that she hasnt come home in 3 days, im gettin real mean.
Your cat may not have come home because someone else fed up with coyotes decided to poison them.

·
Banned
3,049 Posts
I shot a rabbit last year to use as bait for coyotes and tossed it way under a pine tree. I didnt even get time to set up 30 yards away before a coyote snatched up the rabbit and ran off. All I had to do was walk over and sit in the deadfall, I didnt make it that far before the yote showed up.

·
Registered
15,108 Posts
I know how you feel. Just as I sat down to check my pics one morning, the wife comes in and says her cat is missing. Then it appeared on the screen. She went ballistic!

·
Registered
699 Posts
If you want it done right hire a trapper that knows what he is doing.
Maybe line up 5-10 trapping permissions abd you might get a trapper for that exchange
Next time keep your cat at home:dontknow:

·
Registered
15,108 Posts
Your cat may not have come home because someone else fed up with coyotes decided to poison them.
Someones dog may not have made it home because someone was fed up with coyotes and a tresspassing dog didn't see the snare. :wink:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts