Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been bow hunting for 2 years with a browning rage bow. the limb on the bow snapped the last week of the season and gave me a really bad impression on browning bows. i was looking to upgrade to a bow that shots faster. im not looking to spend a ton of money on a new bow and would actually like to just have the bow nothing else. so that i can set it up the way id like. if anyone could help me find a bow that shots over 300 fps for a decent price it is much appreciated. for that matter any suggestions or helpful info is appreciated.

·
Registered
8,805 Posts
ive been bow hunting for 2 years with a browning rage bow. the limb on the bow snapped the last week of the season and gave me a really bad impression on browning bows. i was looking to upgrade to a bow that shots faster. im not looking to spend a ton of money on a new bow and would actually like to just have the bow nothing else. so that i can set it up the way id like. if anyone could help me find a bow that shots over 300 fps for a decent price it is much appreciated. for that matter any suggestions or helpful info is appreciated.
whats your draw length?
are you looking for a used bow or new.if new there's a whole bunch of em out there that would need to shoot and see what fits you best.and you may still need to do that if possible even if your going to buy used.
what are some of the bows your buddies are shooting.maybe you can shoot thiers and get some ideas!!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Welcome to the addiction. :welcomesign:To get over 300fps is saying a lot! Look at what some of the others are getting in speed. I just ordered a top of the line to get with my setup at 60# should be around 330fps. I test all the bows and record their speeds and 260-280 is not uncommon. If you drop the weight of the arrow you will achive faster speeds, but in a hunting rig heavy is good.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Not quite sure what your looking to spend but with todays bows you can get some real quality with lines like the mission line from mathews or the hawk series from hoyt. Its a starting point for you or check the AT classifieds, alot of good people and deals to be found.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Head to the classifieds

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Do you mean an ibo of over 300 fps? If so no problem,most of them do that now. If you mean you personally want 300 fps then you need to post all your stats. Draw leanth, how many pounds your pulling.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
If your talking ibo and know your dl Id say ross cardiacfor 285.00 in the classifides on here nib but no warrenty is good. Most martins would be good. Hoyt power hawk for about 500.00. Pse madness. Bear truth 2 all good bows to try out.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
buy a destroyer and you wont be disappointed

·
Registered
253 Posts
Just bought a destroyer today 69# 29"draw 350gr arrow 344fps but that depends on ur draw and poundage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts