Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new on here and I am looking for help selecting a new bow. I had two herniated disk, sc1/l5 and l5/l4, fixed on 08/29/08 and I am in physical therapy 3 days a week. Good news is I can still shoot a bow! I am looking for a compound bow that is very smooth to draw and I dont care the brand. I have had a PSE x-force, Hoyt trykon xl, xtec and strattus and BowTech general. I have sold all the fore mentioned bows. My doctor says I need something that does not have a "snap or pop" at the end of the draw. I really liked the BowTech but it has a snap at the end of the draw that is hell on a hurt back. My doctor is a hunter and suggested the Matthews DXT for example what do you all think? Thank you for your imput!

· Registered
750 Posts
About any single cam will be very smooth, I would check out mathews, ross, diamond. I have also heard that oneida's are very smooth. Try them out and see what feels best to you.

· Registered
6,474 Posts
From what you describe, I would recommend just about any single cam bow.

If you want to avoid the "snap or pop at the end" that you mentioned, you may want to look into a 65% cam. May require a little less draw weight at first, but you will have a more solid draw from start to finish. Not to mention, I find 65% a heck of alot easier to let down than 80%, when necessary.

80% will keep you guessing as to when it actually going to let down, then all of a sudden there it is all at once, tends to hurt my shoulder.

65% is always ready to go forward.

· Registered
474 Posts
I shot the Dxt the other day and thought the draw cycle was kinda harsh. Try the Guardian SMOOTH:wink:

· Registered
276 Posts
Hoyt Vectrix XL smoothest bow I have ever drawn. I couldnt believe I drew 70 when I normally shoot 60.

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Honestly mathews do draw smooth and so do martins. I think a 50 lb switchy xt or any 50 lb martin would be good on your back.

· Registered
1,208 Posts
give the Browning Illustion a whirl...

That Trance cam on a 65% let off may be the awnser...the PSE Mach X may also do the trick it is also a very smooth tolerant bow( nice straight riser) not that fast but fast enough for a single cam bow(312 fps IBO). The Illusion is faster at 326 fps IBO....

Also check out the Onieda range, their design is may provide for the smoothest draw... you will have to see whether you can live with their other specs though....:zip:

let us know how you go, have a good week-end.

Spatan:cocktail:

· Registered
1,113 Posts
I would look at a Drenalin LD or a Drenalin. Both of these bows pull smooth all the way through. You will give up a little speed from what you could get from say a Hoyt Katera, which has a really solid wall and is really smooth for a speed bow. You didn't say anything about bow weight, but I would look at going to a lower poundage as well. Good luck to you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.