Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my turbo nocks the other day and tried them out tonight. They were very erratic. In the beginning they shot a lot lower than my blazer fletched arrows. I know this has to be about my bow set up, here is what I have. I could not get a consistent flight path.

BowTech Pro-38
TH Shakey Hunter
60#
26.5 "

I have heard some have had to move there nock point up or down. How would you know which way is right initaly? Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks
Shive

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Shive, one of first mistakes archers make in setting up their fall away rest is that they fail to make it fall away soon enough. At full draw, if you start to relax your drawing arm and the string moves forward an inch. the arrow support arm should be starting to drop down. Even with a slow bow and a heavy arrow the idea is to get no more than an inch( maybe a little more if your bow is extremely fast) of forward movement from the string before the arrow support arm begins to fall. From that point you can adjust your arrow rest up or down to get perfect vertical flight. After getting the vertical flight settled down you can then work on your center shot for horizontal nock travel. A fall away rest makes bow tuning a snap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.