Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have schnees extreme pac boots with 600 gram and a 400 gram linner. I wear wool power. My core stays warm but my feet n hands freeze. I have a Congenital Heart Defect so that part of the problem any ideas.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Last year I purchased a pair of 2000g Thinsulate boots from cabelas. They are a little bulky but they kept my feet very comfy this season. I would no do a lot of walking in them unless they break in very well but i am very satisfied with them. Let me know i can look at the name brand if you are interested.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last year I purchased a pair of 2000g Thinsulate boots from cabelas. They are a little bulky but they kept my feet very comfy this season. I would no do a lot of walking in them unless they break in very well but i am very satisfied with them. Let me know i can look at the name brand if you are interested.
Ya are they rockys

·
Corripe Cervisiam
21,226 Posts
No heart defect

But I have the same problem. If I keep my head very warm it helps but the chemical hand warmers in a Muff then wear light gloves on my hands.

Feet; I have some of those super insulated rubber boots- Burleys- but IMO they don't work worth a spit. The rubber seems to conduct the cold right into my feet even with 800 gr of insulation. Packs with felt liners are better.

I keep my feet as dry as possible with liner socks then a heavy wool sock. If its really cold chem warmers.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
2000 gr Irish Setter Snow Claw Boots for your feet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But I have the same problem. If I keep my head very warm it helps but the chemical hand warmers in a Muff then wear light gloves on my hands.

Feet; I have some of those super insulated rubber boots- Burleys- but IMO they don't work worth a spit. The rubber seems to conduct the cold right into my feet even with 800 gr of insulation. Packs with felt liners are better.

I keep my feet as dry as possible with liner socks then a heavy wool sock. If its really cold chem warmers.
My Schnees are with a wool felt linner n they keep them warm but my toes turn blue n same with my finger tips they get so cold i cant feel them but my bodies really warm.

·
Registered
420 Posts

Similar here. I leave the gloves/mittens at home. I have a hand muff that I keep a heat pack or two inside of with some very light gloves on. Very toasty!
I have rubber boots that are just a bit too big so that I can keep toe warmers in the front with enough air to keep the warmers working. Sometimes my feet get too hot!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I started using those chemical pack toe warmers last year for ice fishing and I seriously can't say enough about them! all day on the ice in hunting boots (gander series 1000 gram thinsulate) no problem. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Oversize boots with good wool socks not laced to tight and if it's really cold mfoot heat packs
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
218 Posts
May not be an equipment issue at all, depending on your congenital heart defect. You could be having issues from that or early Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD). You need to contact your cardiologist and have it evaluated, if you are not already on a baby asprin a day, that may be a good thing for you also....

·
Registered
699 Posts
Make sure your boots are dry.
Otherwise I overdress on the bottom( insulated pants, fleece, longjohns,..with insulated bibs ) So Im warm and need to take off my hat or open some zippers to cool down.
Years ago before insulated hip boots I used electric socks,.. expensive but they worked well

·
Registered
458 Posts
i put hand warmers down my pants right below the knee caps .it always works for me. you will need a tight base layer to keep them in place.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
i wear

when it is super cold. i wear my base layers/or my fleece base layers, then my full season, then my cabela's super slam bibs and jacket, all extra lg. so still have plenty room for drawing . then i wear my rocky snow stalkers with liner rated at 1200grams at 150 below 0 and a pair of wool mittens or fleece mittens. and i am toasty all day. maybe use hand warmers when i want to wear my light gloves and just put warmers in my pockets, and weaar my fleece balvica i am really good all day. and eat those those carbs for energy. keep that motabolizim up. maybe hot chocolate, or coffee. plus my bibs and jacket are water proof for the snow too. sunk a bunch off money in this stuff but keeps me warm.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
May not be an equipment issue at all, depending on your congenital heart defect. You could be having issues from that or early Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD). You need to contact your cardiologist and have it evaluated, if you are not already on a baby asprin a day, that may be a good thing for you also....
Im getting tested for that know n Raynauds phenomenon.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Try?

I have schnees extreme pac boots with 600 gram and a 400 gram linner. I wear wool power. My core stays warm but my feet n hands freeze. I have a Congenital Heart Defect so that part of the problem any ideas.
Thunderbolt Heated Electric Socks
http://www.thunderboltsocks.com/

Expensive but they do work.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Its the strangest thing I wear my woolpower in layers even have the dutch oven vest I keep my legs n body warm its just he end of my fingers and toes turn blue n get red an cold every thing else is warm.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Arctic Shields

Get a pair of Arctic Shields. I wear Muck Woody Max to the stand.Once in the stand I put Arctic Shield boot covers on and place a hand warmer on the top of ea boot before closing. My feet stay toasty.Rubber boots get cold faster than anything. This method works.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts