Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm paniced. I leave for my elk hunt tomorrow, while putting my bow in my case I snapped a fiber optic. I shoot a RT900 by Extreme. Each pin has extra length of fiber optic with it. So I threaded it through the pin but the end of the pin is not flared out and it keeps coming back through the hole in the pin, how do I get a "knot" (bloob) on the end of the fiber optics to stop it from coming back through. Heat?

PABowhunt4life you have helped me with questions on this sight before if you see this please fire off an opnion. Thanks for any help anyone has.
Jim

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hold that single fibre optic out a little.. light a lighter away from the pin... and slowly bring it closer.. you will see the end ball up.. take the hear away quickly so as to not have too large a ball.. or make the pin go limp.. and we all hate a limp pin. :)

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jwMNbowhunter said:
Hold that single fibre optic out a little.. light a lighter away from the pin... and slowly bring it closer.. you will see the end ball up.. take the hear away quickly so as to not have too large a ball.. or make the pin go limp.. and we all hate a limp pin. :)

Hope this helps :)
Thanks, it worked. The ball is a little too big but I can make it work well till I get back. When it broke, my pin went very limp. Really though, I can thank you enough. Hope you have a great hunting season.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
try heating up a piece of metal and touching the fiber optic ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts